Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 21:57   #1

Boat: Hudson Force 50
Honolulu, Hawaii to San Francisco in July

Hello,

If you have ever wanted to experience the adventure of water sailing">blue water sailing, this your opportunity. The Witchdoctor II will be sailing back to California from Honolulu this summer. Departure date is August 8th. The trip will take somewhere between 2-4 weeks to complete.

The Witchdoctor II is a Hudson Force 50 sailing ketch. This is the same type of boat used in the movie, 50 First Dates. The boat sails in luxury with watermaker, large freezer and refrigerator and 110 power available on the yacht. This boat has a helm station both inside and outside the boat that allows crew to man the helm and perform watch from inside the boat. HAM radio is available for communications as well as reception of weatherfax.

I am looking for one or two people who want to join us for this voyage. I am open to male or female crew members. A male/female couple is also welcome and can expect a bed that fits a couple well. You need to be physical fit and able to work well with a team. You do not have to be a highly experienced sailor, you just need the basics and be willing to follow direction. You pay for transportation, I provide the food.

About your captain, I’ve been sailing now for about 15 years. I brought the Witchdoctor from California to Hawaii in 2013. I’m a highly experienced captain with the knowledge needed to make this voyage both safe and enjoyable.

If you want to be part of this crew for this amazing journey, e-mail me at medicrene@yahoo.com.

Rene Steinhauer
Captain, s/v Witchdoctor II

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9013 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	149716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9049.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	149717  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9028.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	149718   Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	149719  

medicrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 23:11   #2

Re: Honolulu, Hawaii to San Francisco in July

Sorry friends, the date posted above is incorrect. It should read July 8th departure.

Rene
Old 12-06-2017, 09:51   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Rene,

I just want to commend you on your good post looking for crew.

I also like the boat you have. I have admired them for many years and would like to go for a voyage on one. I am sure it will be a very comfortable boat for that passage

I have sailed from Kauai to San Francisco, and enjoyed it. Would love to do it again.

Unfortunately, I am booked on another boat the first week of July. If your voyage is delayed, keep me in mind, and/or for the future.
I have some brief information on my CF Profile "About Me" page here: Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: Steady Hand

Fair Winds and Bon Voyage!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 12:00   #4

Hello all and thanks for all of the replies. The crew spots have been filled.

The Witchdoctor

Tags
hawaii, san francisco