Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 05:24   #1

Boat: Smelne 11.40
Crew/companion wanted for French canals

Hi
I am moving my boat in a few weeks from Drachten in The Netherlands to Castelnaudary in the SW France, all on inland canals and waterways. I need someone to assist me but no experience necessary. Just helping with day to day running, mooring and locks. This will be a great experience and fun trip for the right person. no strict time and dates so if someone wanted a couple of weeks holiday that would be ok with me. You must bring your own spending money and help with food etc on board. I will provide photos of my boat, me and any other information that could be relevant. I would prefer a lady but really no strings attached just company. You must be fit and healthy and able to jump on and off the boat. A non smoker would be preferred. email me on r.walker225@btinternet.com or contact my mobile 07818292984. Give it a try it could be great fun.
Robsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 13:41   #2

Re: Crew/companion wanted for French canals

Sounds lovely! I sent an email to address provided in your post.
HalfHitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 16:13   #3

I'm available June 18 - July 4th (that window has to include my flights to and from Denver, CO, USA) and would love to tag along on this adventure ... as I am sorely in need of such an adventure.

I'm fit, not afraid to work, been on the water a lot, a mechanical engineer by training and handy by nature. Unfortunately, I'm 48 and male, but please consider me if you don't get inquiries from 30-something females ... and I "get" that preference!

Mark
markwysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:58   #4

Boat: Smelne 11.40

Hi Mark

I chuckled at your email but have to put you right. I really do prefer the company of a lady on board but not for the reasons you suggest. My experience is that they are easier to get on with, less demanding (yes I do believe that) and more likely to take instructions. Now if a 30 something gorgeous lady with benefits was to apply, yes I would be very tempted but know in my experience that it would not work for more than a few days as I really do want a crew not a partner. I had a bad experience crewing with a distant male family member which has put me off somewhat. I have had interest from a couple of lovely ladies with the experience and mind-set I believe would assist me in this trip but definitely no benefits on the side but as you know in this life no deal is done until it happens. So I will seriously consider your application should either of these not come to fruition and thank you for your interest. On the other side of the coin it will probably make you chuckle as I did not state I was a heterosexual male (thought it was too in your face) and have been contacted by a couple of guys who clearly, I believe, think that I would supply the benefits on the side. Hopefully you can understand my reticence.

Wish you all the best and yes I may yet get in touch.

Best regards

Rob Walker
Robsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:39   #5

Understood, and I would be looking at things the same way if I were in your shoes.
markwysocki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canal, crew, enc, wanted