Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2015, 00:59   #1

For Trip from New Zealand to Fiji/Vanuatu area or Australia

Hey All,

I'm currently on a visa travelling New Zealand for a year and am looking to be able to help out a boat that will be making a crossing to Fiji, Vanuatu, or somewhere around there after the cyclone season ends. I'd even be interested in coastal sailing around New Zealand until then.

I'd call myself an intermediate level sailor with a circumnavigation under my belt with my family when I was younger. Most of my experience is blue water cruising but I do have a bit of racing experience too having just raced across the Gulf of Mexico in the Regatta del Sol al Sol and having done a handful of bouy races in Tampa Bay though nothing too serious.

I'm very familiar with having to stand watch at night and am comfortable being on deck alone. That being said I'm definitely no professional and have much to learn but I am absolutely willing to learn if someone is willing to teach.

I don't have any hardfast plans so the time table is very flexible as well as locations. The only stipulation currently is that I am in Nelson on the South Island until the end of January. After that I am free.

If you need some youthful exuberance and a smiling face on board, I'm your guy. Thanks for reading.

Jack

Tags
Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Vanuatu