Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2017, 05:38   #1

Boat: Valiant 42
Ecuador to Galapagos and Marquesas in July

Greetings,
I am presently in Ecuador and will sail to the Galapagos end of July or beginning of August, spend two months cruising there, then make for the Marquesas and spend five months cruising there, then west bound next April through the Tuamotus and Societies to New Zealand. I am looking for one crew to share the experience (fun and work). I am 63, 20,000 offshore miles, willing to teach sailing to a keen novice who wants to learn, so sailing experience isn't a requirement, but some time on a boat is a plus. Attitude, enthusiasm and a desire to sail and explore are top considerations. Gillean is a newer 42 foot offshore cruiser I had built in the States with safety, comfort and speed as priorities, outfitted with all the safety and communications gear, not air conditioning, a generator or ice maker. I seek one female crew. The presumed relationship is platonic, but if there is a mutual desire in forming a romantic relationship, that would be nice. You would have your own (small) cabin and I can provide references from former female crew. You pay your way to/from the boat, your shoreside expenses and your entry costs to the Galapagos and, if you stay long term, contribute to food and drink. I pay all boat expenses, including fuel and cruising permits. If interested, reply here by personal message or, preferably, to my personal e-mail: sailboat dot gillean at gmail dot com, and I will refer you to a site with photos of me and the boat.

Cheers,
Douglas McLean
s/v Gillean
In Transit -- Ecuador

Tags
Ecuador, Galapagos, marquesas