Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2016, 17:30   #1

Thumbs up Good Man Looking To Join Atlantic Crossing May 2016

Good day good people!

My name is Benas. Some call me Rico. I like both.

After traveling Canada and spending well over half of the year on the Pacific, fishing for all kinds of sea goodies (prawns, salmon, tuna, sea urchins) I realized how much I enjoyed being on the blue waters. So after that I joined my friend from Canadian Coast guard to sail around Southeast side of Vancouver Island for a while. And that just made me fall in love with sailing.

I am form Lithuania, northern/eastern Europe. After an astonishing year in Canada I took my time enjoying USA as well. I bought a car in Vancouver Island and entered US to have my best roadtrip ever. Down the west coast: Washington and it's gorgeous Olympic Peninsula, impressive Oregon coast (have You visited the Sea Lion Cave there? is awesome!) friendly north California and humongous LA area, then stayed for a while in the heart of route 66, Kingman, Arizona and now all the way down to Hayes, Virginia, on the York River. This continent is remarkable...

But this is not over yet. Now great Atlantic ocean separates from my home. And my new goal is to cross it on a sailboat. I was welcomed aboard on 42 feet sailboat by two very nice gentlemen. And it seemed this goal will get on its progress as soon as planned departure at the end of MAY. However life is life and one of the boat owners are not able to go any further then Bermuda. Which is only around 1/3 of the way.

I am offering my service and best commitment as a crew member to someone who is on transatlantic crossing this spring. I do not do drugs, smokes, alcohol which after reading post on forums like this I find an asset. I have experience living for weeks and months out there, have small sailing baggage of sailing knowledge and am ready to learn what ever it takes to cross this heck of a puddle!

Please contact me here via PM to discuss in detail.

Keep up the good work and happy travels!
Benas/Rico

Tags
atlantic crossing