Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 20:46   #1

Crew available. Willing to fly

As title states, I'm available for crew.Willing to fly in for a passage. Willing to pay my way to and from the boat.

25 YO male/non-smoker in Illinois. I own a Macgregor 26C and can single hand my boat with ease but I have no bluewater experience. Looking for an adventurous crossing. I own a small design and manufacturing company and can leave for up to two weeks if given some reasonable notice.
Physically fit. Strong swimmer. CPR certified. Team player.
PM me for any questions.
FLGSHP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:11   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Crew available. Willing to fly

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF,FLGSHP.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:15   #3

Hi mate,

Would you consider hooking up on Madeira and join for a 5-6 days trip over til Portugal and Gibraltar in mid April?

Anders
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli View Post
Hi mate,

Would you consider hooking up on Madeira and join for a 5-6 days trip over til Portugal and Gibraltar in mid April?

Anders
Thanks for your reply Anders. That sounds like a lot of fun, however, I'm going to be looking for something in the Caribbean first.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:24   #5

I am interested in crew to help return a Hunter 456 sailboat from the Abacos in the Bahamas to Brunswick Ga. in mid to late April. Crew could come a week to ten days early to cruise the Abacos. Jdeneault@gmail.com
Text. 304-951-4430
Jdeneault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:42   #6

Boat: Jeanneau 2012 509, 50.5 ft

Like to talk to you about a transatlantic from Newport, Rhode Island to Kinsale, Ireland (3000 miles) departing June 15 for 20 days or less. Pls text 504.559.0688 and I'll call you at your convenience.
aucoingc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:46   #7

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari

I may be looking fior crew later this year. My passage is Turkey to Caribbean. Can you post an email address so we can chat?
PeaceLoveMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:04   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveMusic View Post
I may be looking fior crew later this year. My passage is Turkey to Caribbean. Can you post an email address so we can chat?
leonpinson@yahoo.com
Old 04-02-2017, 13:06   #9

Boat: Lord Nelson 41

I'm sitting on my 47' 20 ton lord Nelson in Lake Worth Florida close to the West Palm Beach airport. The weather is fantastic. I'm so comfortable i don't feel
much like moving after single handing down from the Chesapeake. Some was on the ICW, some offshore mostly to avoid the Georgia shallows as she draws 5'8".

I hesitate to pop over to the Bahamas single handing. i'd really like at least one there to share watches and the occasional lookouts for coral heads etc. It's kinds tough doing the visuals from the cockpit.
i'm 73, a ski instructor, in great shape and similar outlook.
Give me a call one evening and let's chat.
Steve Gilbert
520 241 8626 cell
Telemark43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 16:02   #10

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Hope you saw this:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...um+-+Emails%29

Looks like a real opportunity!
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 18:27   #11

Boat: Irwin 43 Mk111 CC, Sloop
Send a message via Skype™ to adlib2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGSHP7 View Post
As title states, I'm available for crew.Willing to fly in for a passage. Willing to pay my way to and from the boat.

25 YO male/non-smoker in Illinois. I own a Macgregor 26C and can single hand my boat with ease but I have no bluewater experience. Looking for an adventurous crossing. I own a small design and manufacturing company and can leave for up to two weeks if given some reasonable notice.
Physically fit. Strong swimmer. CPR certified. Team player.
PM me for any questions.
You appear to be the ideal crew mate for me; I'm also a design engineer, but an old one and lack the energy to complete what's necessary to get my boat ready for sea. Need to complete installing a new for-stay and furler and debug wind generator and solar controller plus rewiring a few lights. Pity you're only available for two weeks, the work would take that and then planning on passage to Cuba and on.
adlib2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 20:53   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlib2 View Post
You appear to be the ideal crew mate for me; I'm also a design engineer, but an old one and lack the energy to complete what's necessary to get my boat ready for sea. Need to complete installing a new for-stay and furler and debug wind generator and solar controller plus rewiring a few lights. Pity you're only available for two weeks, the work would take that and then planning on passage to Cuba and on.
Well......that sounds like more work than sailing! To be honest I'm re-working alot of my boat over the winter months here. New solar panels and an arch. New wiring for all LED internal and exterior. New seat cushions, bowsprit, building a new and longer rudder because I'm not happy with the stock one(too much weatherhelm) New paint on the exterior and she's finally getting named. Adding new freshwater tanks for the galley and a composting head. My work's cut out but I'm getting there.
I'm lucky in that I enjoy doing this work and that I'm a good machinist and fabricator. Without the ability to TIG weld and produce CAD models and parts for my work I'd be lost. Still working on my sewing ability although I've repaired my genoa a few times with great success. Some of my work involves rebuilding high performance diesels for pulling tractors so engine work on a boat seems mundane. They're really quite simple in comparison(except for the new Tier 4 Diesels and all of their emission requirements) I come from an agriculture background so my base is very solid. Good to talk to a fellow engineer! Smart people sail
Good luck to you on your refit and smooth sailing!

There are some great places to redo your rigging. One of the first things I did when I took ownership of my boat and I'm so glad I did. I couldn't be comfortable without confidence in my standing rigging.
Old 04-02-2017, 21:13   #13

Boat: Irwin 43 Mk111 CC, Sloop
Send a message via Skype™ to adlib2

[QUOTE=FLGSHP7;2319211]Well......that sounds like more work than sailing!

Thank You for your response and yes my assignment is more a Busman's holiday for you.

My wife operates her own business for fabricating dodgers, Bimini, cushions, mattresses, etc so have no problem getting sewing done. And she is 20 years younger and too busy to help on the boat.

Good luck with your endeavors
adlib2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:22   #14
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Jdeneault, & PeaceLoveMusic.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available