Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Antares Yachts
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2016, 05:35   #1

Antares at Annapolis Sailboat Show?

Does anyone know if Antares will be at the upcoming sailboat show in Annapolis in October? There is nothing on their website and I have tried several times to contact them through their website, but they seem to have a problem with their "contact us" form on their site.

Does anyone have an email address?
Seaadventurers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:45   #2

Boat: Shopping
Re: Antares at Annapolis Sailboat Show?

The Boat Show website should have a list of exhibitors posted by now.
Cottontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:46   #3

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Antares is not on that list, however I would imagine they would be there... They are at Miami every year
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDabs View Post
Antares is not on that list, however I would imagine they would be there... They are at Miami every year
I looked at the website list before posting here. My wife and I are in Texas, so I'd like to know they are going to be there before traveling all the way to MD. I get a server error every time I try to use their "contact us" form on the Antares website.

Someone must have an email address??
Old 12-09-2016, 11:41   #5

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

try info@liveantares.com
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 05:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDabs View Post
Thank you! Sent an email there and will see if I get a reply.
Old 13-09-2016, 08:12   #7

Hi

I had the same contact problems with Antares a month or two ago. After a long series of detective attempts i found out that they are going through some big ownership changes.

They have an exclusive preferred distributor for their brokerage sales who seem to be acting on their behalf during this period of transition and have direct contact with them.

i contacted them and they were very quick and extremely helpful with answers to my questions.

The best person there is Beth and her details are:

Beth Simkins, CPYB
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales
beth@rhumblineyachtsales.com
978 549 7912

She was excellent and i'm sure will be able to help you. When we were last in contact about a month or so ago she was not certain whether they would have an Antares at Annapolis or at Miami though they usually do and was going to let me know sooner the time.

Good luck and happy sailing
gibman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 09:03   #8

Boat: Tartan 4100

Not to spread too many rumors but a very good friend of mine who owns an Antares showed me an email that he received from the factory in Buenos Aires saying basically that Antares Yachts N.A. was closing it's doors however the factory will finish the hulls under construction at a premium increase according to the degree of completion.
Apparently, there are (were) two separate entities involved: Antares Yachts N.A. which is in charge of promotions, sales and customer service. The second entity is the factory in B.A. which gets the orders/money from Antares Yachts to build the boats.
The email I saw was about two months ago and I am not sure of the current ownership situation. Hopefully they'll be able to restructure and continue on. I have spent some time on my friends cat and it really is a nice platform for cruising.
So, Antares will not be at the show.
Tortuga's Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 07:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga's Lie View Post
Not to spread too many rumors but a very good friend of mine who owns an Antares showed me an email that he received from the factory in Buenos Aires saying basically that Antares Yachts N.A. was closing it's doors however the factory will finish the hulls under construction at a premium increase according to the degree of completion.
Apparently, there are (were) two separate entities involved: Antares Yachts N.A. which is in charge of promotions, sales and customer service. The second entity is the factory in B.A. which gets the orders/money from Antares Yachts to build the boats.
The email I saw was about two months ago and I am not sure of the current ownership situation. Hopefully they'll be able to restructure and continue on. I have spent some time on my friends cat and it really is a nice platform for cruising.
So, Antares will not be at the show.
I am totally shocked! How could such a thing be kept so quiet? There is nothing on the internet regarding this issue! Why haven't upcoming and current owners posted here? I'm sure glad that we didn't put a deposit down.

What do you think this will do to the price of their used boats?

Still can't believe this news!
Old 15-09-2016, 07:20   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaadventurers View Post
I am totally shocked! How could such a thing be kept so quiet? There is nothing on the internet regarding this issue! Why haven't upcoming and current owners posted here? I'm sure glad that we didn't put a deposit down.

What do you think this will do to the price of their used boats?

Still can't believe this news!
Yes, I have been scanning the Net for news as well. Perhaps the owners that have partially complete hulls and/or deposits are seeking legal advise before creating a stir? That's what I would do, but since the boats are in Argentina, I'm not sure exactly what legal leverage foreigners would have???? Things get complicated.
From the email I read, the reasons for Antares N.A. closing it's doors were somewhat of a big surprise to the factory in Buenos Aries. Not sure if it was financial or that the owners were ready to do something different???
As I said, I hope they can re-group and continue operations.
Old 15-09-2016, 23:18   #11

Boat: Antares 44i - Field Trip

I'm an owner of an Argentine Antares 44i. The latest update is the boats are still being built in Argentina, and the yard is in full operation. The North American group - i.e. 'sales and marketing' is no longer around. The Argentine yard and current boat owners are working together along with Rhumbline to create a market presence for the boat without the previous overhead/structure.

The current direction is similar to how a Chris White boat is purchased. There is no formal 'Chris White' company, but an owner can purchase a Chris White design and have it built at one of several yards.

In this case, the yard in Argentina for the Antares 44i is fully functional, exclusively building the Antares 44i. The yard has always been a stand alone entity, even when Rob/Jeff of Antares NA where still in the game.

Antares 'may' still be at the boat show, as an email went out asking existing owners if their boat was available for Annapolis/Miami. It is always a juggling act for a boat at a show, since there are never any 'new' boats in inventory. All boats are privately owned - even the ones at the boat shows.

The logistics for the website and how and who answers new boat injuries is still be working on, and new changes should be in place in the future.

As an owner, I believe the Antares is the best 44ft cat on the market. We've been living aboard our boat now full-time for 4.5 years, and it's excellent. I know Memo and Santiago (owners of the Argentine yard) well, and would not hesitate to have them build me another Antares....but the 'new' Antares 50...which has already been designed by Ted...... :-)

The Antares brand is strong, and will continue to survive. How it looks organizationally in NA is still being resolved, but one thing for certain, the boat yard has not changed, and is still backlogged with current builds of the Antares 44i.

Mark

https://svfieldtrip.blogspot.com
mdsilvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 03:43   #12

Mark,
Thanks for clarifying a few of the details, you're information is more up to date than the email I saw two months ago, but fundamentally the same info. As I said earlier, I think the Antares is a great cruising platform and I hope the best for them.
Tom.
Old 16-09-2016, 03:43   #13

Many thanks mdsilvers for your update.

That's reassuring and good to know.

I'm going to Miami (i'm based in London) and one of the main interests is to see an Antares. So I will keep in touch with Beth at Rhumb Line and hopefully my wish will come true!!
gibman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 09:05   #14

Boat: Leopard 42 Catamaran

I live in the Annapolis area and help with the show...as of this minute Antares is not scheduled to be here even though they have been in past years.
Luftmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 11:23   #15

So, I am most curious about the comment that customers with current orders will be charged a premium to finish the boat. Any details on this? If true, why would anyone want to place an order with a company that could tell you that you must pay more than you agreed to in the contract or risk loosing everything when they declare bankruptcy?

Tags
annapolis, Antares, boat show, sail, sailboat