Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2015, 03:38   #1

Boat: Oyster 53
Wintering in Agadir, Morocco or Canaries

I'm looking at heading down from the Med to the Canaries in early October. As I'm not crossing the Atlantic until end of next year, I'm looking at "wintering" somewhere. I want to leave the boat for 6 months in a safe marina. Has anyone any experience of leaving a boat in Morocco? I will cruise around the Canaries in the middle of the year before jumping across the pond. Opinions about Agadir Marina please ...
SouthernAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 07:49   #2
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Wintering in Agadir, Morocco or Canaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernAurora View Post
I'm looking at heading down from the Med to the Canaries in early October. As I'm not crossing the Atlantic until end of next year, I'm looking at "wintering" somewhere. I want to leave the boat for 6 months in a safe marina. Has anyone any experience of leaving a boat in Morocco? I will cruise around the Canaries in the middle of the year before jumping across the pond. Opinions about Agadir Marina please ...
Not been into Agadir but sailing in Morocco a few times, interesting place. But why not just carry on for a few days and get down to the Canaries - much better choice of berths and facilities, you could probably get lifted out in one of the fishing harbours for and save some money.
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aries, Canaries, Morocco