Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2016, 17:48   #1

Boat: Manta 40
East Coast and Bahamas help

Hi

USGC Master in between boats, based in Charleston and wanting to crew and help out anyone moving boats up and down the east coast and out the Bahamas or BVIs.

Lots of varied experience to bring to bear -- USN Naval Aviator, FAA licensed Aircraft Mechanic, Aerospace Engineer for Boeing -- handy troubleshooting, fixing, and operating most shipboard systems. Heck, I can even cook!

Competent navigator, and helmsman -- ASA ratings thru 106 with a Catamaran rating.

Retiring soon and want to keep up proficiency till I buy my next boat for my cruising get away.

Most Captain experience is coast wise but, lots of blue water time from Navy and fishing with a purse seiner as a youngster.

Mature, reliable, experienced and well rounded -- I'd be a great complement to any crew.

Usually need about a week lead time -- looking for trips of one to two week durations.

Also available to help out sailors in Charleston Area -- Navigation and boat handling.

Unpaid positions are acceptable -- can negotiate other terms.

Contact me here and lets see if I can help you move your boat.

Tom
Sunsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 05:48   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: East Coast and Bahamas help

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Tom.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:33   #3

Boat: Lagoon 420

Hey Tom,

Let's talk! I'm in Charleston too, docked at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina. I just posted an ad for crew - then saw your ad. I'm the guy seeking crew from Florida to Bahamas with a 2009 Lagoon 420.

My phone is 503 238 9755 if you can text or call, that would probably be easier. We can discuss options etc and see how we might get along.

Cheers,

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 11:33   #4

Hi Tom, looking for crew with skills first week of Dec. to go from Norfolk, VA to Puerto Rico. We have a Pearson 422 and 3 on board now.
Seth K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 11:52   #5

Hi Tom,

You have a most impressive resume. Your experience and proximity may be a good fit for my transport.

I have a 2016 Lagoon 450 catamaran in Marsh Harbor in the Bahamas in Abaco. I will be moving it to Annapolis approximately the end of April beginning of May, depending on weather. Should be about a 5 day cruise. I have it in the Dream Yacht Charter program and since the summer is low season in the Bahamas, I want to move it to Annapolis base where it is high season to increase my charters.

The boat is the owners version and has three cabins, three heads. Beautiful and comfortable. I may already have one crew lined up. Just waiting on his availability. But, I am aiming for three people including my self to share shifts.

It's coincidental that you are in Charleston. My wife and I will be on the boat in the Bahamas a week before the transport and then she will be flying to Charleston to meet her daughter who lives there. I'm toying with the idea of sailing to Charleston first and then heading to Annapolis. Maybe that could be a drop off point for you. Not sure yet.

You can check out my website at www.sailseastheday.com

I'm using my wife's account here because, I'm not sure why, but I my account will not give me access to reply to you. Not sure how to fix it.

You can email me at mitch@sailseastheday.com, or you can call to discuss at 702-355-5838. Or reply on the forum. Which ever you feel more comfortable with.

Thank you for your consideration,
Mitch
Tropiclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 11:15   #6

Hello Tom

I have a 2007 Beneteau 49 in Tortola.
I would like her sailed to Boca Raton FL ASAP.
I sailed her from New York to Tortola this past fall with the Caribbean 1500.
She has been completely outfitted for offshore passages with newly packed liferaft and MOB, new Raymarine e125 Hybrid chartplotter, new autopilot, new quantum digital radar, new AIS unit, new 40 gal/hr watermaker, 4 new lifeline 8d AGM batteries. etc. etc.
I have a captain ready to go, but need crew.
Unfortunately I cannot afford to take the time off from work to move her.
There are two fronts coming into the Bahamas over the next two weeks, so I think earliest we could leave would be the 30th or so. Maybe a little earier weather permitting.
Would you be interested in making the trip?
walzmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:58   #7

Boat: PS37

Hi,
Would you be available Charleston to N. Fla this week?

Vlad
678-777-1551
PS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 15:06   #8

Boat: Bayliner 3587 37'

Hi Tom:

Looking for an assist with a transport from Bear, DE to Portsmouth, NH of a Bayliner 3587. I will be making the voyage and need an experienced helmsman to show me the ropes. Last week of June, 24th/25th to arrival in Portsmouth.

Thanks,

Steven
NH3587 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, east coast