Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 14:15   #1

Great Lakes Chartering, any ideas??

Hello all,

So I asked a question much like this one for the BVI last year and really got some awesome responses. Thank you for that!

I want to ask again for chartering advice, specifically places like Chicago, Milwaukee, Duluth, Bayfield ect. I am located in KC and would be making my way over land to one of these ports. I want to bareboat charter and will have 8 souls, 4 adults and 4 kids. I'm interested in anything anyone has to say about charter companies, places, boat size ect.

I own a Catalina 25 and have bareboat charter clearance up to and over 50 feet.

Let me know what you think or suggest something else if it has been a great time for you and yours.

Cheers!
jimfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 14:29   #2

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Great Lakes Chartering, any ideas??

Check out Superior Charters out of Bayfield WI for Apostles cruising. I’ve never chartered with them, but have talked to some who have (some on CF). I bought my boat through them a while ago. Good people, and great cruising ground (although the north shore of Superior is better ).
Old 11-03-2017, 08:18   #3

Boat: 1968 Columbia 50
Re: Great Lakes Chartering, any ideas??

In Traverse City, Michigan check out Great Lakes Sailing Co. You can charter anything from a Jeanneau 50DS and down in size, they also have at least one 35' Gemini 3 cabin they charter as well.

You can check them out at: Lake Michigan and Lake Huron Captained and Bareboat Yacht Charters

Tags
charter, great lakes