Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2017, 04:03   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wackerb
Panama to Hawaii and S Pacific

I have an immediate need for 2 unpaid crew from Panama to Hawaii. Some experience necessary and be sure you don't get seasick (a 4-5 week passage would be miserable). Should know basic knots and do night watches. Owner Lagoon 400 40' catamaran. Well equipped, but minimalist lifestyle. Absolute no smoking or vaping and no alcohol on board. Only expenses are for own food. Will island hop Hawaii for about a month then on to the S Pacific.

Please don't reply if you just want to criticize my ad or piggyback for your own agenda.
wackerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 20:43   #2

Re: Panama to Hawaii and S Pacific

Aloha!

Are you still looking for crew to go from Panama-Hawaii?

If so, when are you leaving?

I have spent the last 14 plus summers on Maui working on catamarans as captain/crew/dive instructor.

I will be available @ the beginning of April and am definitely interested in joining your adventure.

LMK if you are interested and I will forward you my sailing resume.

Mahalo,

Gaen
gaeng@hotmail.com
USCG Masters License 100 Ton w/sailing endorsement.
PADI Dive Instructor
gaeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 10:14   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackerb View Post
I have an immediate need for 2 unpaid crew from Panama to Hawaii. Some experience necessary and be sure you don't get seasick (a 4-5 week passage would be miserable). Should know basic knots and do night watches. Owner Lagoon 400 40' catamaran. Well equipped, but minimalist lifestyle. Absolute no smoking or vaping and no alcohol on board. Only expenses are for own food. Will island hop Hawaii for about a month then on to the S Pacific.

Please don't reply if you just want to criticize my ad or piggyback for your own agenda.
Hello I'm. Interested in coming. When are you planing son leaving? I have limited experience in sailing but I would love to learn more. I have an Erickson 27 in Annapolis Maryland. I crewed on sailing races in Annapolis frequently.

I am 27 and I would LOVE the opportunity to sail with you. I don't have a lot of experience but I can pay my own way and I am currently free to do anything as I am taking a break from my career, I'm a lineman.

I can tie a bowline, clove hitch, sheet bend and some other knots as well.

My email is Brantley321@yahoo.com
Bluntley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 17:04   #4

Boat: Westcoast Bayrunner 20 Fishing Skiff

Interested and experience with mono-hull racing. No cat experience other than in doing the forklift for bolting Double Bullet together at the yard in Marina del Rey, and having coffee on board a friends boat before he left MdR for Australia. Work even if sea sick. No problem with night watches. Tea Coffee water share expense on food. I am very good in the galley. Electrician and mechanic in the past. Good at both. Commissioned new vessels and overhauled vessels to over 70 ft. Fished commercial in small boats. Raced sail boats in Channel Islands area. Ben Hamilton; ben dot hamilton@sbcglobal dot net 310-592-7409
Crusty Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:36   #5

Hi,

Just wondering if you need any crew for Hawaii. I'll be there in August and September. Most of the rest of the year I teach in a Japanese university.
I'm an Australian, 50 yrs, fit and I have the RYA Day Skippers ticket and quite a bit of experience including delivery of a Lagoon 39 last year from Les Sables deLone to Croatia.

Let me know if you need crew.

Cheers
AussieJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:02   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to wackerb

Sorry, I no longer need crew for this trip.
wackerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 21:23   #7

Send a message via AIM to cradlemountain

Hello WakerB are you coming to Tasmania? Sure would love to sail with you around Tasmania and New Zealand..it is awesome. Can we Skype?
What is your Skype Name?
cradlemountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 00:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackerb View Post

am a italian pensioner with great taste of the sea and much time available. I spent most of life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. log trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to Panama. From Rotterdam to London, Casablanca, Canaries Caribian islands, Cuba Florida with motorboat Can be 1 mate or/and cook. Have the US visa DS 160. Offer my experience
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii, Panama