Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2009, 09:15   #1

Question Wildcat 35 Stainless Steel

HI everybody,
I am looking for a 35-40 cat and had a look at a Wildcat 35 this weekend. I know there has been alot of buzz about their quality - both good and bad. However, I noted a few rusty places on the fender washers they used as backing. I also noted the backing for the chainplate on the port side appeared to be chrome plated and was peeling a little on one corner. I did not have a magnet with me to help check if the metal was stainless. Does anyone have "first hand" knowledge of any use of non-stainless items on the Wildcat?

Thaks in advance,
Terry and Dana
taweclectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 00:08   #2
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Wildcats are good boats. Fender washers are a dollar at ACE hardware. If I were you I'd be tapping on the hull looking for delamination in the obvious places and seeing how many hours are on the engines.

There just isn't any other Catamaran on the market in the Wildcat's price range that offers the same bang for the buck.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stainless, wildcat

« Dean 365 | Catbalu »