Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2016, 14:49   #1

Puerto Bahia, Dominican Republic

We are thinking of leaving our yacht in Puerto Bahia, Dominican Republic. Has anyone in the forum recent experience of this marina and can they comment/give a recommendation please?
vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 15:42   #2

Boat: 65' cat, sold
Re: Puerto Bahia, Dominican Republic

I'm at the marina waiting for weather to move on. The people are nice and there is good security here, but I certainly would not leave my boat here for hurricane season, If you wanted to travel inland for a bit it would be fine. The resort is like a ghost town and Samana is not much of a town.
fishead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishead View Post
I'm at the marina waiting for weather to move on. The people are nice and there is good security here, but I certainly would not leave my boat here for hurricane season, If you wanted to travel inland for a bit it would be fine. The resort is like a ghost town and Samana is not much of a town.
Dear Fishead,

Please can you be more specific about reasons for not keeping the yacht in Puerto Bahia over hurricane season? We are also considering Zar Par on the South coast. Would you favour that?
vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 07:47   #4

Boat: 65' cat, sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
Dear Fishead,

Please can you be more specific about reasons for not keeping the yacht in Puerto Bahia over hurricane season? We are also considering Zar Par on the South coast. Would you favour that?
The marina is not a good hurricane hole protection wise. There is a swell here in the marina on normal days. Its right on Samana Bay with only a seawall and is also a straight in channel. I do not have any experience with any other marinas in DR
fishead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bahia, Dominica, Dominican Republic