Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 02:02   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Miami to Azores!

Hi Guys,

Anyone interested in an incredible offshore passage to a couple of rarely visited mid Atlantic islands???

Trip details:
Miami to Azores with contingency stop in Bermuda.
17 days.
Departing May 30th 2018.
Min cert requirement of RYA dayskipper or ASA 104.
Experience offshore required.
Sailing CV required.
Travel at own expense (sorry).
Provisioning costs to be shared.
Fuel at my expense.

A bit about us: My wife and I launched our new Lagoon 450S last June (also see 'just signed on a new 450s' thread) and have sailed Italy, France, Spain and all the islands in between before heading to the Canaries to join the ARC and cross the pond in November. Since arriving in the Caribbean, Hayley and I have made our way South to Grenada, then North and West and currently Susan Ann II is in a very nice marina 25 mins North of Miami. 9 months and 9,000nm of utterly amazing experiences!

Hayley is currently getting the boat ready for the crossing but as you'd expect SAII is in very good shape already.

Anyone interested can contact me on here or email:
thedaleyadventure@gmail.com

All the best guys,
Dave
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 13:07   #2

Re: Miami to Azores!

Hard to believe you haven't received numerous replies to you request. It sounds like a great trip on a fine boat at a good time of the year. I am a lifelong sailor currently living on the gulf coast of Florida near Sarasota.
In 2004 I left on a 3-year Atlantic circle departing from Florida. My first leg was a single-hand adventure from Key West to the Azores (with intermediate stops in Miami, Daytona, and Bermuda). I was fortunate enough to visit 5 of the islands of the Azores that summer before continuing on to Lagos in the Algarve.

I would request to be considered, however I am obligated to attend a family wedding in Michigan June 6th - 12th. Should you become delayed for any reason, I would welcome the chance to discuss it further.

About me... a healthy, reasonably fit 64-year old male. non-smoker, light drinker. decades of monohull experience on boats ranging from 28 to 40 feet.
Before my Atlantic crossing I made about 12 extended trip through the Bahamas, a couple sails to Cuba, numerous trips between the Chesapeake and Florida and a roundtrip to Puerto Rico and back.
I am university educated and consider myself fairly good company. I rarely complain about anything. I love to eat, but I am a terrible cook.

Either way... enjoy your adventure. If you post any updates on your trip, I'll follow them with interest.

Good Sailing, David
djc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 13:12   #3

Forgot to mention... for the past three years, I have been cruising on a small catamaran... a 30' EndeavourCat. I bought her in Annapolis, brought her to Florida, cruised to to Georgetown, Exumas and recently returned from a 2-month roundtrip to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

Cheers, David
djc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 13:57   #4

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest, drop me an email please: TheDaleyAdventure@gmail.com

Tags
Azores, miami