Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2017, 07:57   #1

Tampa Delivery Crew/Captain

Tampa based with extensive local knowledge of South Florida/Keys and North and Central Bahamas. USCG OUPV Licensed. I have about a year of sailling experience but extensive powerboat experience.

I would like to increase my logged tonnage and offshore time so available for unpaid crew on offshore trips ideally from the Tampa Bay Area so we could meet ahead of time. I'm also interested in expanding my sailing network and experience in the Tampa Bay area and would be available for regatta or race crew. I'm 38, reliable, physically fit and a non-smoker. Currently own a sloop rigged sailboat.

I would love a crew opportunity for something like the SPYC race to Isla Mujeres.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2017, 08:24   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Tampa Delivery Crew/Captain

Please email me your CV —- sent PM

Always looking for good crew!

Bill

www.USCGMaster.com
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 13:27   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Tampa Delivery Crew/Captain

Hired Matt as crewman for a short delivery KW-St Petersburg and would recommend him as crew to anyone! When air temp is 40, winds are +/-20 kts and it is midnight- you get to see what someone is made of.

Good crewman and good person!
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 14:05   #4

Thank you Bill. Not the most fun conditions I’ve been in but I appreciate the opportunity and hope to work with you again.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:47   #5

Boat: Hunter Passage 420

My wife and I are relocating to Key West this fall. Planning to move our boat by land to FL, likely the Tampa area, re-launch and then sail it to our slip in KW. We may be looking for crew in the oct-nov time frame for the trip, as my wife is a bit nervous about doing it ourselves. We have experience, we've sailed San Diego-Catalina Island (90 mi) several times, and extensive bay sailing here for the past 25 years. I'm also looking for a boat yard recommendation to re-commission the boat. We have a Hunter 420. Would appreciate any advice at any rate.
Windblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 11:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
My wife and I are relocating to Key West this fall. Planning to move our boat by land to FL, likely the Tampa area, re-launch and then sail it to our slip in KW. We may be looking for crew in the oct-nov time frame for the trip, as my wife is a bit nervous about doing it ourselves. We have experience, we've sailed San Diego-Catalina Island (90 mi) several times, and extensive bay sailing here for the past 25 years. I'm also looking for a boat yard recommendation to re-commission the boat. We have a Hunter 420. Would appreciate any advice at any rate.

I'd be happy to help and will send you my contact info via private message.

Tags
captain, crew, delivery