Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2017, 14:27   #1
LHS

Early 2018 explore Indonesia > PNG

Exploring Indonesia to Papua New Guinea 2018.

We are possibly looking for a crew member to join some legs of our upcoming expedition on 38'' mono.
Will lay out the basics in a nutshell, and if you think you might be a good fit, drop us a line for the full details ☺:
These plans are fluid of course, but we hope to be
Departing Malaysia (Langkawi) early 2018,
Jan – June ‘18 cruising through Indonesia (Kuching>through southern Kalimantan> Manado> Halmahera> Raja Ampat, then over top of Papua.)
June – Dec ‘18 cruising & exploring PNG outer islands, (straight out to New Ireland & New Britain, then down to Milne Bay area).
We will then likely turn around and come back the way we came.

We are keen divers, photographers, birdwatchers & hikers; we have quiet habits, we like to read, write, and tinker ☺. Def. not a party boat – not a party route really. Some of the most incredible wildlife above & below the water in these areas… This is our second time on this route (although last time we did it the other way around, from Milne Bay in PNG up and around thru Indo from East to West, and this was on a friends boat). This will be our first time on our very own vessel.
Seeking competent & experienced crew – and ideally someone with the same interests… we know from experience that this route is pretty spectacular – although of course the goal is to go to a lot more new/different places this time through…
We are basically just looking for someone low maintenance, easy going, keen to explore. Look for someone who can keep watch, handle the boat with ease, and help out around the place and enjoy the ride. Would probably be best if you dived, we have our own compressor on board and plan to do a fair bit of diving.
Contribute to fuel & provisioning; $10 daily fee for rent, possibly negotiable for barter of skills or goods…

Get in touch it sounds right for you & we can go into much more detail & see if it’s a good fit…
LHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 23:01   #2

Re: Early 2018 explore Indonesia > PNG

Hi guys,

Did you find your crew member?

My name is Caroline, I'm an adventure filmmaker from Montreal. I was interested by the journey. I speak french but I'm ok in English too.

I have some experience in sailing, I cross Atlantic 2 years ago on a 60feet and went to Antarctica passing thrue Cap Horn.

My last expeditions were www.pullofthenorth.com and Xp Antarctik. I'm doing one this summer called Qamaniq, in Nunavik.

I'm passionate about taking time to learn from other cultures, trail running, camping..

I wish I can have a chat with you soon to learn more about this amazing project.

Kindest regards
Caroline côté
Carolinecote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 02:20   #3
LHS

Hi Caroline,
Wow your last adventures look amazing – and really really freezing! We are putting together a little fact sheet outlining our plans, drop me a mail at : position.now.available (at) gmail . com, and I will pass on some more details
Best Regards
Leah
Old 03-06-2017, 05:42   #4

Hi sailors, my name is Fran (male) and very interested in your exotic trip. I have done some sailing and have my RYA day skipper cert and I am also a keen diver. I am low maintenance but keen and experienced at boat and particularly engine maintenance and have marine engineering qualification. I am not academic but have a natural interest in nature and being in it appreciatively and inobtrucivelly and can't think of a better way of doing than the way you are. I hope you have a fabulous trip and hope to join you.
Fran the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:10   #5

Boat: O Day 19

Hello,
This trip sounds great. I may be interested, could accompany as crew for part of the voyage. I have some experience on 30- 40 foot boats. Have ASA bareboat certification. ( can provide sailing resume ).
I currently own a O Day 19 which I sail locally.

I am a very capable and competent person, physically fit, enthusiastic.
Also love to be in nature; Used to scuba dive years ago, lots of time snorkeling. I lived on Midway island for awhile and appreciate the pacific ocean environment. Always had a desire to see that part of the world.
Also have great mechanical skills, carpentry, electrical etc.
thanks, sincerely Eric Oveson
Eric Oveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:59   #6
LHS

Hi Eric & FranTheMan,
Have sent you both a PM
Thanks!
Old 15-06-2017, 07:01   #7

Hello! Your trip sounds great!
I have extensive experience diving those areas; as well I have my bareboat ticket. Not super experienced on smaller yachts. But I know my way around; I've been cruise director on dive liveaboards in Indonesia for the last 10 years. Mostly R4 and Komodo, but I've done quite a bit of exploratory stuff all around Manado-Gorontalo.

I'm a master scuba instructor with over 1,000 dives in R4 alone.
I speak Bahasa quite well and have contacts that could be quite helpful in lots of your planned areas.

It would be great to explore and dive these areas at a nice, slow pace without having to worry about guests and schedule so much!

Kind regards,

Josh
takoyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 14:17   #8
LHS

Hi Josh, send you a PM, thnx,
Leah
Old 22-06-2017, 17:20   #9

Hi
Sounds a great trip. You still after crew. Will do a PM.
Cheers
John
deepwaterport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 13:30   #10

Hello, just wondering if you'll still need crew. I'll be available for December and January maybe longer.
I'm looking to crew at the end of my SE Asia trip and hoping to find a boat for then.
My main goal is to explore deserted islands and do a bunch of snorkeling, SCUBA, some beach camping, exploring deserted islands, etc.
I have 1,400 hours on a boat in about 5 weeks but really keen to do more sailing.
I'm a PADI certified rescue diver and Divemaster with non current CPR cert but still useful to know.
Your trip sounds perfect for what I'm looking for and I hope my skills will work for your trip.
I look forward to your response,
Salem
FreeTime01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 13:49   #11

Location: My boat is in the Sea of Cortez but I live in Duluth Minnesota when not living aboard
Boat: Ta Chiao . Fantasia 35 . MK II

Hi LHS, I'd be interested in crewing and have sent a PM.
John
Isle Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 16:34   #12

Boat: Cal 40

Sounds great. Interested in a month or more. Long time diver, sailor. Quiet and lots of reading. Sail my Cal40 often, single hand on west coast. Have worked in Indonesia.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Indonesia