Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:35   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Crew wanted from U.S Virgin Islands to Bahamas Late January Early February.

Volunteer crew wanted, 45' cutter from USVI to Bahamas
This delivery will be departing from St. Thomas, USVI within a few days or as soon as possible after January 27th. In the past this has been a nice easy down wind run.

This passage normally takes about 6 -7 days and and is typically accomplished non-stop offshore but there is a possibility of day and overnight hops between islands down the chain. The point being, is that potential crew need to be somewhat flexible.

This Morgan-Catalina 45 is a very comfortable well-equipped charter boat when in the BVI's each winter but is also well equipped for offshore voyaging and has completed a circumnavigation in 2012. The Skipper is USCG licensed 100 Ton Master and has also recently completed a circumnavigation (solo on a 30' ft sailboat) and has prior delivery experience on this same boat within the last few months (taking it to BVI from Bahamas earlier this season).

This is a delivery passage rather than a "cruise" and while we do try to have fun it should be considered an opportunity to learn and accumulate sea-miles with an experienced skipper who is happy to teach in exchange for your help with watches, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the boat. These are volunteer positions and this is not a "shared expense or paid trip". Your only expense will be getting yourself to and from the boat (flights from Staniel Cay bahamas usually run about $300 to Ft Lauderdale). The owner will pay for on board food, fuel, customs, and immigration fees associated with the passage.

If you would like to be considered for this passage please reply with a short reply here but also send a private message or email including your email and phone number in your message. It also helps to know more about you, why you would like to crew, and what time window you are available. I will be considering all people who respond and do not have a set level of experience required however any experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful to an offshore voyage (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc, should be mentioned.
Looking forward to hearing from you. -Captain Kirk Little
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	la-palapa-224x300.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	139455  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 13:36   #2

Boat: 37' Beneteau
Re: Crew wanted from U.S Virgin Islands to Bahamas Late January Early February.

Hi there,
I am wondering if you are still looking for crew. i am in Canada and the crossing sounds interesting to me. Thank you.
Gerry
gvandersanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 17:57   #3

Boat: Scanmar 33

Hello Kirk;

PM sent.
Jmttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 20:38   #4

Dear Kirk,

I'm Interested. I am a New Yorker with years of recreational sailing experience. I've been bareboat chartering Beneteau 42s and 45s out of Newport, RI and have sailed out of Tortola with the Moorings, et al. I am intrigued by the opportunity to learn more from an experienced skipper, especially with the opportunity for offshore experience. It happens that I will be on a cat south of Tampa January 26 - 28 and could easily change my travel plans to join you in USVI on the 29th or a bit later. Please respond by email at EdThompson [at] AynRand.bz if you are interested. I'll provide references and any personal information you request.

Kind regards,
Ed
ETpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:06   #5

Hi Kirk, another New Yorker who is interested. Shooting you a PM.
Greenest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:33   #6

Boat: IP 38 Island Packet 38ft

I would be interested and the timeframe works for me. I currently own and IP 38 and am docked in Charleston, SC. I have been sailing for 40 years mostly in the long island sound area and up around the Newport, RI area. Have been in Charleston for a little over a year. I previously held a 50 Ton Masters license but had to let it go due to extensive travel. Just finished Sea School and passed for the 100 Ton Masters with Aux Sail and Towing endorsements. Only need a few more days of sea time to get my license back.

Let me know if you are interested. dick.belschner@gmail.com
dicklb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 11:43   #7

Boat: 19' Lightning

Are you still seeking crew? I have more than 5000 miles of offshore experience most since 2008. I have 40+ years of sailing/racing experience. If you're still seeking help, let me know.

Cheers,
Scott
robmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 08:26   #8

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

Thank you everyone for the interest. I have two crew members confirmed and am very unlikely to take on any more unless someone cancels which frankly has never happened. If you were well qualified and did not get a reply it may have been because there was no phone number or email included in the P.M. I had very limited internet at the time. Thanks again. -Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, crew, crew wanted, Virgin Islands, wanted