Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016, 09:03   #1

Boat: Koopmans 42 - Netherlands
Crew Wanted for Antarctica trip

I am looking for two crew to join me on my planned trip from Ushuaia to Antarctica and on wards to South Georgia in Shackleton footsteps. We end our trip in Florianopolis, Brazil. Departing middle of February 2017, ending in Brasil the fist week of May 2017.

Experience is not really needed. Good positive attitude, strong nerves and the will to push on are more important to me. Must be Shackleton admirer. This will not be a luxury trip. Discomfort, hardship, simple food, absence of internet and bad weather must be expected. What it will bring is a good experience and good stories to tell at home.

Boat, named Mundinho is a 1985 build aluminium centreboard by well known Dutch designer Koopmans Sr. I will sail Mundinho solo in September 2016 from Panama to Chile, via Easter Island.
Mundinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 14:54   #2

Re: Crew Wanted for Antarctica trip

Hello ! It sounds amazing! Ive been in antarctica 2 years ago and i promised that ill go back with a sailing boat . Im planning to move to brazil in a few months adacuciuc at gmail dotcom
Is my email and ada_cuciuc is my skypeid . It will be nice to talk about the trip. Best regards, ada

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Ada Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 15:14   #3

Boat: Tashiba-31

Not sure if this is fate talking, but I was just told that by Dec I would be out of a job - company is being sold.

I've sailed in Puget Sound for about 10 years. When I moved to California I stopped sailing. Last year I decided to get back into it. I took ASA classes 101,103 and 105 to bring the skills back and to make sure I still enjoyed it. I've also just recently purchased my own boat - a Tashiba-31 with a cutter rig.

I'm going to be 60 in a few months. Good shape with no health issues, no blood pressure problems. I don't often get seasick, but when I do I've been able to work thru it to the point where my sea legs return. Grew up in Minnesota and know what -40 feels like.

I would be interested in hearing more about this trip.
dmksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:08   #4
Marine Service Provider

Hi Mundinho,

This is a great project I'd like to join. Based in Miami and originally from Spain I want my dream to visit Antarctica to come true. Sailing for years and boating everyday here in Miami please let me know further by skypeid jcgomez2341. All the best whatever happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1471032370.288882.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	129440
jcvalor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:17   #5

Boat: Oyster 435

Hey Mundinho
We'll be one year behind you leaving from Mexico. Be sure to post updates on your trip or email me at email1&svsearoverdotcom with contact info so we can compare notes
Thanks
Gary
gpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 14:00   #6

I'm in Buenos Aires at the moment. I spend a lot of time here for work. A few weeks ago I was in Patagonia. It is my desire to do Antarctica in my catamaran in a year or two. Call me crazy but I figure if an iceberg is going to slice my boat it want matter much if it's steel, aluminum or fiberglass. The Titanic is a good example.

I plan to mount forward and side sonar. There's been some great developments in this tech of late. And then cross to the Antarctic shelf/land with great caution. Also I plan to kit the boat out with the latest high tech insulation solutions.

For me, penguins are just the cutest little things. Seeing the Antarctic pristine wildlife up close and personal is enough reason to deal with the dangers and discomfort of sailing the Antarctic.

I travel at the moment between Argentina, USA and Europe. If you plan to stop in Buenos Aires on your hop up to Brazil then it would be my pleasure to meet up and share your Antarctic exploits over a great Argentinian meal.

Good luck to you and wish you only good things in your amazing adventure. I'll pm you my email.

Chaya
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 14:16   #7

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

Following.
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 07:24   #8

I am retired, regardless of time, with a great taste of the sea. My working life took place on ships providing technical assistance to the on-board instrumentation. I have a boat license for sailing and motor, without limit. long range navigation experience.
I Participated in various fisheries research in Europe, Americas and Indian Ocean. More experience with motor boats less with sailboat.. Last sailing journey was in the Caribbean. I offer my experience as a 1st mate and cook..Italian German , english littl of portoguese. For more info please contact spesle40@gmail.com or call +393477366307
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 03:03   #9

I hope you arent following exactly in shackeltons footsteps, with the shipwreck, desperate fight for survival and the 800mile openboat ride to elephant island..ha ha...if so, I am irish., can I be tom crean?
De Faoithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 04:05   #10

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Mildly curious, why such a late ( February) start?
Old 18-08-2016, 04:54   #11

How much are you charging? Just shared costs? or something more?
jannw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 13:52   #12

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx

FYI There are UFO's in Antarctica if you explore in depth the continent. Just sayin...."forewarned is forearmed!"
xxuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:29   #13

Hi, I am interested in your trip. I sailed around the world in the 90,s on a steel hulled boat. Afterwards built this schooner to sail to the Antarctic but life got in the way and i never made it there. here is a link https://www.findacrew.net/en/boat/210221
sidsail at yahoo.com Thanks
sidsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 15:40   #14

Boa sorte mundinho de meu Deus, eu acabo de chegar no Canada, com o Brazil, nunca mais..
itororo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 19:22   #15

Hi,
Would be excited to join your expedition. Lighthearted, resilient and flexible personality. Love to cook and read. Grew up in Michigan and Montana so am familiar and comfortable in very cold weather. Interested in Shackleton and the journey. Will be in Patagonia doing research around that time, would love to connect and adventure with you and crew.
Warm wishes.
KikiVL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, crew, crew wanted, wanted