Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2016, 11:33   #46

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: Beneteau USA Factory Delivery Problems

I haven't read all this thread but commenting directly to the OP, there could be numerous reasons for the factory delay but your circumstances seem very unusual and your agent is accountable for providing you up to date schedules and reasons for delays. Note that France almost shuts down in August for their month long vacation but this is normally factored into schedules.

Suggesting that others should not purchase a Beneteau yacht because you have had isolated issue is a bit OTT, no?
Emerald Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:02   #47

Boat: Catalina 34MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sea View Post
I haven't read all this thread but commenting directly to the OP, there could be numerous reasons for the factory delay but your circumstances seem very unusual and your agent is accountable for providing you up to date schedules and reasons for delays. Note that France almost shuts down in August for their month long vacation but this is normally factored into schedules.

Suggesting that others should not purchase a Beneteau yacht because you have had isolated issue is a bit OTT, no?
Emerald Sea, you are correct. YOU DID NOT READ HIS POSTS! Maybe you should stop your assumptions before you post.
Old 26-08-2016, 14:12   #48

Hi to the group, I own a Beneteau dealership and although we have experienced some delays, it is absolutely not because of unqualified or unprofessional people building our boats. We have had a substantial increase in demand for our Beneteau sailboats and powerboats as the economy is improving. This is a challenge for any manufacturer. Communication with your dealer is very important and they do have your best interest in mind. In north America, Beneteau is the top rated CSI manufacturer of boats. We as dealers have good communication from Beneteau America and France and can get answers in a timely manner. I completely understand your frustration because you want that sweet Beneteau you ordered! It's a little different for us on the West Coast because we have a sailing season that doesn't end. If you're in an area where your sailing season is just a few months, I understand your frustration even more! I had a Beneteau 55 on her way from France this year that sat on a ship, anchored off Uruguay for three weeks! Ughh! That was frustrating to us, but we know that communication quickly on all good and bad news to the buyer is imperative. We also know that once the boat is in our hands, we have complete control over the commissioning and delivery. Please don't let this delay tarnish your view of your beautiful Beneteau. There is a very good reason that demand is so high for these great boats. Hopefully you're sailing her now at the time that I write this. I wish you the best. Call on any of us dealers, wherever you sail, anytime for service or boat questions. Best regards, Barrett Canfield
BarrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 18:36   #49

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC

Bwhaaaa,haaa, ha. Sorry, having lived in manufacturing g world for many years I was quite amused. Sales guys promise the world, management has no clue as the reality of production limitations and just says make it so. Then optimistic schedules run face first into physical reality. Deliveries run late, management tends to keep its optimistic rose colored glasses on and the sales guys are afraid to tell the customer.
In the end it gives the customer the feeling they're getting the run around.
Don't tell me, they said it would be done just in time for the sailing season? Usually it's better when a company comes right out and tells a customer they're going to be delayed but gives them a realities date, they may be upset at first but can at least plan on a re alitic schedule, it reduces the stress all around. Being strung along can be infuriating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 05:07   #50
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Barrett.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 15:48   #51

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofreilly57 View Post
Bwhaaaa,haaa, ha. Sorry, having lived in manufacturing g world for many years I was quite amused. Sales guys promise the world, management has no clue as the reality of production limitations and just says make it so. Then optimistic schedules run face first into physical reality. Deliveries run late, management tends to keep its optimistic rose colored glasses on and the sales guys are afraid to tell the customer.
In the end it gives the customer the feeling they're getting the run around.
Don't tell me, they said it would be done just in time for the sailing season? Usually it's better when a company comes right out and tells a customer they're going to be delayed but gives them a realities date, they may be upset at first but can at least plan on a re alitic schedule, it reduces the stress all around. Being strung along can be infuriating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
I totally agree.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, delivery