Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2017, 20:26   #1

30-35 Ft Bluewater cruiser NE US

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a (roughly) 30-35ft boat in the North East US. We intend to cruise down the coast, island hop in the Bahamas/ Caribbean and see where we want to go from there.

Looking for a seaworthy boat located in the North Eastern US. Our budget is 40K for full outfit, so realistically looking to spend about 20k on the boat.

Not interested in project boats. Equipment and decent galley are a plus

mkeith005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 20:35   #2
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: 30-35 Ft Bluewater cruiser NE US

Sounds great. Have you tried yachtworld.com? If you spend about 100 hours checking the boats out you'll have a pretty good idea of what to buy.
Old 24-02-2017, 02:31   #3

This FSBO site does not have a filter by region, just by states. So you'd have to search state by state in the Northeast. But in any case found over 1,400 matches. I inputted $25,000 as max price figuring out some room for haggling. Good luck.

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/cgi-...atching+Boats+

PS For a budget buyer Yachtworld will be more expensive as it's brokers' based and IMO way overpriced with very few exceptions. I've seen more than a few boats there with asking prices up to $20,000 which were eventually donated to charity.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 14:33   #4

Yep! We've been keeping an eye on both! Should definitely spend some more time scouring sailboatlistings though ! Thank you!
Old 26-02-2017, 17:53   #5

Boat: Leopard 42 Catamaran

My Tartan 33 is FSBO in Maryland and I would readily take her to the destinations you mentioned. Tartans are well made and handles well in rough seas. The standing rigging has been replaced, ports rebed etc. Go to Tartan33.com for pics and more info. There is refrigeration, and at one time had AC but we removed, but at least the vents are there. Very little to do before settting off on a long coastal adventure.
Luftmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 18:10   #6

Boat: Boatless

While many might not think of the Tartan 33 as an off-shore boat I have sailed one off-shore and thought that it was a fine boat and I met a couple who sailed one 30,000 nm off-shore and were only 3,000nm short of circumnavigating.

Certainly very capable of going down Island to the Caribbean. Not much room but a fine sailing boat.

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
s/v Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 09:31   #7

Boat: Custom 42 foot frp Ketch

We have a 42 foot ketch outfitted with everything you need to live aboard and cruise anywhere. We are ready to sell. It is presently in St. Lucia, a 5 hour flight from JFK.
You'd already be in the Windward Islands in the Caribbean the perfect place to sail all year.
rollingstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 09:33   #8

30-35 Ft Bluewater cruiser NE US

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingstove View Post
We have a 42 foot ketch outfitted with everything you need to live aboard and cruise anywhere. We are ready to sell. It is presently in St. Lucia, a 5 hour flight from JFK.
You'd already be in the Windward Islands in the Caribbean the perfect place to sail all year.

Thank you, but I think 42 ft will be too much upkeep for the two of us! We're trying to keep it simple! However if you have a listing I'd love to hear more about it
Old 17-03-2017, 09:57   #9

Boat: Custom 42 foot frp Ketch

If you send me an email address i can send you the info on this wonderful boat
rollingstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 23:25   #10

Boat: Westsail 32

Hi there! We are selling our Westsail 32 sailboat. $39,500 totally refit already. I just sent the post here on CF and it is being approved. Instead of typing it all out again I will just post the text here. The boat is in Panama Central America, read below. We have posted this all over our website and social media. I forgot about Cruisers forum so hopefully it will be posted here shortly. Thanks and goodluck with whatever you end up doing, you will love cruising.

Tate and I are selling SV Sundowner, a Westsail 32 1974 sailboat. She was completely refit from 2010 to 2015 and is being worked on as we sail and live aboard. We planned to sail around the world but health reasons are forcing us back to the States. This is an incredible deal. We spent over $100k total and 5000 man hours getting this boat in shape.

She is ready to cross oceans RIGHT NOW. She is LOADED with ALL new rigging, new Monitor windvane, new Beta Marine engine (<300hrs), new fuel tanks (80 gal) and filter setup, new batteries house and starting, all new canvas including dodger, bimini and all sail/hatch covers, foredeck sunshade, A TON of sails: 2 mains, a 120 jib, yankee, staysail, storm staysail and trisail, UK flasher spinnaker with sock, Rainman 18 gph watermaker, Engel Fridge, fancy internet setup, new plumbling, new water tanks (74gal) Airhead composting head, new electrical, ALL LED lights, 500 watts of solar, VHF tied to Garmin chart plotter with AIS, Garmin world charts for coconut milk run, Delorme satellite text messenger, new and stored in salon Revere 4 person offshore liferaft, Eprib, Ultrasuede cushions in salon, all cabinets, bilge and engine room painted with Bilgekote an epoxy paint, Dickinson Caribbean 2 burner stove w/h 2 propane bottles, bug screens on all portlights. new bottom paint Nov 2016, Bilge pumps, Manson Boss 60lb anchor with 200 ft of chain, other anchors, Anchor rode Portabote 10' folding dinghy, new 2 stroke Yahama outboard and a million other improvements and extras (jerry jugs, spares, linens, provisions, galleyware, equipment).

Literally you can step aboard Sundowner with your personal possessions and sail away. She is totally self sufficient and can stay at anchor for many months or more without the need to go to land. She has no AC shore power set up. No complicated systems to fail and break. She is a well ventilated boat that has double bubble insulation under the side decks, in the head and in the vberth.

Her interior is rich and warm with teak and holly throughout. She is a factory finished Westsail.

Sundowner is currently in the San Blas Islands Panama, Central America (Panamarina) and we need to sell her as soon as possible. Panama is out of the hurricane belt and it's only $300 dollars a month to store her on the hard at Panamarina.

Travel here is easy to Tocumen International Airport and there is no tax to be paid to Panama as she is here as a Yacht in Transit on a cruising permit valid until Sept 4th(1 yr renewable). US citizens get a 6 month visa if you fly in.

We are done cruising for now and have jobs lined up back home so everyday we spend here we are losing money back home.

To facilitate a fast sale we have recently reduced her already low price of $49,500 to $39,500. Our loss is your gain. This is one heck of a deal. Please contact us if you are interested at SundownerSailsAgain at gmail

Price: $39,500

Please see our blog for a detailed sales Ad:
Sundowner (Westsail 32) is for SALE! | Sundowner Sails Again

Detailed You Tube Ad
https://youtu.be/RctjMaIhvP4
SundownerSailsA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 13:31   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundownerSailsA View Post
Hi there! We are selling our Westsail 32 sailboat. $39,500 totally refit already. I just sent the post here on CF and it is being approved. Instead of typing it all out again I will just post the text here. The boat is in Panama Central America, read below. We have posted this all over our website and social media. I forgot about Cruisers forum so hopefully it will be posted here shortly. Thanks and goodluck with whatever you end up doing, you will love cruising.

Tate and I are selling SV Sundowner, a Westsail 32 1974 sailboat. She was completely refit from 2010 to 2015 and is being worked on as we sail and live aboard. We planned to sail around the world but health reasons are forcing us back to the States. This is an incredible deal. We spent over $100k total and 5000 man hours getting this boat in shape.

She is ready to cross oceans RIGHT NOW. She is LOADED with ALL new rigging, new Monitor windvane, new Beta Marine engine (<300hrs), new fuel tanks (80 gal) and filter setup, new batteries house and starting, all new canvas including dodger, bimini and all sail/hatch covers, foredeck sunshade, A TON of sails: 2 mains, a 120 jib, yankee, staysail, storm staysail and trisail, UK flasher spinnaker with sock, Rainman 18 gph watermaker, Engel Fridge, fancy internet setup, new plumbling, new water tanks (74gal) Airhead composting head, new electrical, ALL LED lights, 500 watts of solar, VHF tied to Garmin chart plotter with AIS, Garmin world charts for coconut milk run, Delorme satellite text messenger, new and stored in salon Revere 4 person offshore liferaft, Eprib, Ultrasuede cushions in salon, all cabinets, bilge and engine room painted with Bilgekote an epoxy paint, Dickinson Caribbean 2 burner stove w/h 2 propane bottles, bug screens on all portlights. new bottom paint Nov 2016, Bilge pumps, Manson Boss 60lb anchor with 200 ft of chain, other anchors, Anchor rode Portabote 10' folding dinghy, new 2 stroke Yahama outboard and a million other improvements and extras (jerry jugs, spares, linens, provisions, galleyware, equipment).

Literally you can step aboard Sundowner with your personal possessions and sail away. She is totally self sufficient and can stay at anchor for many months or more without the need to go to land. She has no AC shore power set up. No complicated systems to fail and break. She is a well ventilated boat that has double bubble insulation under the side decks, in the head and in the vberth.

Her interior is rich and warm with teak and holly throughout. She is a factory finished Westsail.

Sundowner is currently in the San Blas Islands Panama, Central America (Panamarina) and we need to sell her as soon as possible. Panama is out of the hurricane belt and it's only $300 dollars a month to store her on the hard at Panamarina.

Travel here is easy to Tocumen International Airport and there is no tax to be paid to Panama as she is here as a Yacht in Transit on a cruising permit valid until Sept 4th(1 yr renewable). US citizens get a 6 month visa if you fly in.

We are done cruising for now and have jobs lined up back home so everyday we spend here we are losing money back home.

To facilitate a fast sale we have recently reduced her already low price of $49,500 to $39,500. Our loss is your gain. This is one heck of a deal. Please contact us if you are interested at SundownerSailsAgain at gmail

Price: $39,500

Please see our blog for a detailed sales Ad:

Sundowner (Westsail 32) is for SALE! | Sundowner Sails Again

Detailed You Tube Ad

https://youtu.be/RctjMaIhvP4

Thank you for reaching out! I have actually been following your blog for years!!! This boat would be absolutely perfect but I unfortunately don't think the timing will work out. We're really trying to buy something in the US. Best of luck to you!!
Old 26-03-2017, 18:43   #12

Boat: Hunter 410 1998

does that mean u will sell your boat for 20k
if so send me info

thanks tom
tjandoverguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bluewater, cruise, cruiser, water