Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2016, 04:21   #1

New Zealand RNC charts - cannot update/install

Hi

I'm new to OpenCPN, having recently downloaded it prior to spending some time in New Zealand. I have added the New Zealand RNC nautical charts catalogue using the chart downloader plugin but cannot proceed any further. When I try to update, as required, I get a popup box stating: 'Chart Downloader: failed to update ..... Verify there is a working internet connection.' I have tried many times over the past two weeks, tried deleting and adding the catalogue again, all with no success. To check it is not a problem across all charts I have successfully downloaded and updated USA NOOA regional charts. I'm using version 4.4.0 on a new MacBook Pro with OS Sierra.
Any suggestions as to what the problem is - or if others are having the same problem - greatly appreciated.
Colin
Colin-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 07:44   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: New Zealand RNC charts - cannot update/install

First try to download a few of these charts form your browser to see
if this is successfull and / or if any dialogue pops up requiering extra information ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin-M View Post
Hi

I'm new to OpenCPN, having recently downloaded it prior to spending some time in New Zealand. I have added the New Zealand RNC nautical charts catalogue using the chart downloader plugin but cannot proceed any further. When I try to update, as required, I get a popup box stating: 'Chart Downloader: failed to update ..... Verify there is a working internet connection.' I have tried many times over the past two weeks, tried deleting and adding the catalogue again, all with no success. To check it is not a problem across all charts I have successfully downloaded and updated USA NOOA regional charts. I'm using version 4.4.0 on a new MacBook Pro with OS Sierra.
Any suggestions as to what the problem is - or if others are having the same problem - greatly appreciated.
Colin
petter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 11:21   #3

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: New Zealand RNC charts - cannot update/install

The problem (and the solution) is likely exactly the same as http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ms-175873.html

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, New Zealand