Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 20:55   #1

Boat: Tartan 27
Anytime Anywhere. Professional Crew Available

Hello,

I am available to crew. Short notice usually ok.

I have crewed on many deliveries from the Caribbean to Canada and points in-between. 23,000 nm total. It’s something I truly enjoy.

I have a USCG Captain Licence 50 Ton with Sail Endorsement, a calm demeanor that is conducive to long passages, and my own safety equipment (Spot Device, off shore life-vest, harness, foulies) Great at watches (which involves more than just watching). I don't drink or smoke.

I typically ask for airfare to and from your boat (I live in Washington, DC), all on-board food plus a daily fee; although I can (and have) waive(d) all of these for particularly interesting trips.

Please tell me about yourself, your experience, other crew and of course the boat, it's safety equipment and your destination.

More information is on my sailing resume which is available upon request. Recommendations from former captains and owners are also available.

Thank you for your consideration,

Greg
Old 13-01-2016, 00:36   #2

Re: Anytime Anywhere. Professional Crew Available

Thank you for your pm's. A few deliveries are in the works. As such, I will not be available to crew until March 15th or thereabouts.

To answer a question:

When I said that keeping watch involves more than watching I meant that the watch-keeper must also listen, smell and take a walk every now and then.

A skilled watch-keeper listens to her engine, sails, boat systems, hull, prop, other boats, signals and, well, the sea itself. He/she also sniffs the engine, boat systems (propane, electrical shorts, etc.) and exhaust for abnormalities. He/she must also walk to the bow frequently (properly secured to a jackline). Looking up and aft doesn't hurt either. Checking instruments is expected.

I specialize in Midnight to 8 a.m. watch. Unconventional I know, but it works. I'm a night owl. You, Captain, get a full night's sleep knowing that she is in good hands.

------------

Reserve your Spring delivery crew now! Insurance companies are happy with my credentials. You will be happy with my work ethic, reliability, nautical know-how, easy-going personality and flexibility. I have no shore commitments.

------------

Thanks and fair winds

Greg
Old 20-02-2016, 16:56   #3

Boat: Pearson 530

Hi my name is Jeff Sutton. I have a Pearson 530. Located in Oahu. She is fully equipped for off shore. I am looking for some one like you to help me sail her home to San Diego. I would normally do this myself. I do have off shore insurance. But they are requiring me to have one other qualified person onboard. 35 years of sailing. Never a claim. Go figure. But maybe a godsend. I am not 30 yrs old anymore. I am a very fit 53 yr old. And actually getting smarter about long solo passages.
Old 20-02-2016, 22:59   #4

Thanks for your e-mail Jeff. Normally, I would jump at this trip. However, I am booked until August.

Capt. Greg

Tags
crew, crew available