Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2016, 09:13   #1
Marine Service Provider

Delivery or instructional captain available

Hi,I'm Scott. I am available for the delivery of your boat or for helping you with sail training, better comprehension of your onboard systems, or as an extra set of experienced hands on your next passage. I am a 100 ton USCG master mariner with towing and sailing endorsements, STCW, an ASA sailing instructor, and a professional wilderness expedition leader with Wilderness search and rescue , Advanced Swiftwater Rescue, and Wilderness Emergency Medicine training. My 30+ years of experience include numerous transoceanic crossings, coastal passages, and the construction of vessels up to 125 feet. If you have a need for my services, please PM me . Fairwinds, Scott.
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 10:49   #2

Boat: C&C Landfall 38
Re: Delivery or instructional captain available

Highly recommended!
Boat_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 14:13   #3
tms

Boat: 40' Jeanneau Sun Odyssey

What are your rates?
tms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 09:00   #4
Marine Service Provider

My rates vary, TMS, based on the vessel size, trip duration, waters crossed , and time of year. If you have a specific trip in mind, PM me with the particulars and I can give you an idea of the cost of my services. Fair winds, Scott.
Old 26-10-2016, 08:39   #5

I'd like to send your info to a client of mine who needs to move boat in St. Augustine. Will PM you the details.
Old 25-11-2016, 06:39   #6

Hi Scott! Did you ever hear from the folks I referred who needed the trawler delivered from FL through the Panama Canal?
Old 25-11-2016, 17:36   #7
Marine Service Provider

Yes, thanks for the referral. I'll begin going over engines and systems on board in preparation for departure upon my return from my current delivery.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36   #8

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...um+-+Emails%29
Old 20-12-2016, 14:44   #9
Marine Service Provider

Sounds like that one should pay hazardous duty pay , as well!
Old 09-01-2017, 09:12   #10

Possible lead on a houseboat delivery for you...I will PM you. Also, there was an interesting post today about "Why People May Not Help You" that I thought would be something you may want to chime in on. It broaches the topic of free help and advice vs. paid help and advice...something that maritime professionals and delivery captains run into all the time. I know that I am always willing to help someone, but I have to put a dollar value on my time and treat it as the precious thing that it is. As a broker and from monitoring the feeds here, I've noticed a trend of unlicensed captains offering to do free deliveries, people without any real training or experience touting themselves as professional boatbuilders, etc. It's the wild west. We maritime professionals need to make sure these people don't devalue our services. You get what you pay for! Curious about your thoughts.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:49   #11

Boat: 2012 Lagoon Cat 450' GONE
Re: Delivery or instructional captain available- FEB 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsboats View Post
Hi,I'm Scott. I am available for the delivery of your boat or for helping you with sail training, better comprehension of your onboard systems, or as an extra set of experienced hands on your next passage. I am a 100 ton USCG master mariner with towing and sailing endorsements, STCW, an ASA sailing instructor, and a professional wilderness expedition leader with Wilderness search and rescue , Advanced Swiftwater Rescue, and Wilderness Emergency Medicine training. My 30+ years of experience include numerous transoceanic crossings, coastal passages, and the construction of vessels up to 125 feet. If you have a need for my services, please PM me . Fairwinds, Scott.
HI Cpt Scott,
I am in contract for a 2014 44"Sail Lagoon and will take possession Feb 23rd if all goes smoothly. I am searching for the right captain to sail her from Ft Lauderdale to keys, bahamas etc for a week with myself and my two girlfriends for my birthday. 1 girl can stay with me so Cpt will have own double berth quarters and private head. I want to learn and will help out. I have a 10' dinghy as well. I will pay all meals/food for cpt and am loking for a fair deal. If interested, I will give you personal email and we can discuss further. We are all great girls and have no drug etc issues. We will have fun though! ;-0
kishadean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:25   #12
Marine Service Provider

I would be happy to discuss your Bahamas trip with you . Drop me an email at xsboats@me.com , Scott.

Tags
captain, delivery