Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2017, 01:43   #1

Thailand/Malaysia/Indonesia To Australia Before April 2017

Hello and thanks for reading in advance!

My name is joris Kolman and I'm trying to 'hitchhike' my way to New Zealand before June 2017. I started off in the Netherlands in September 2016 and I've now made it to Phuket, Thailand. So I'm getting close to the point where I can't get any further on land, and need to find a ship that'll help me across.

I'm looking to get into Australia by whatever means possible, without having any money for paid transportation. I'm more than willing and able to get my hands dirty doing the every menial task you'd rather not though I don't have any boating classifications. I understand this means you can't use me for anything other than the shitlist of jobs but that's fine with me.

I'm looking to make the crossing into Australia before April and can depart from any port in these parts. I'm currently in the Phuket area and am planning on moving on towards Denpasa, Bali, soon. By land, by hitchhiking as much as I can.

Some information about myself: I'm Dutch and I'm carrying my passport which should get me passage into every relevant country. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I'm a flexitarian, I'm not opposed to alcohol but not inhibitingly so. I have some cruising experience thanks to my parental unit: I'm currently with them on their boat in Phuket Yacht Haven Marina. They own a Schionning wilderness 1480 I sometimes join them on. For more information on the cut of my jib you can visit joris.victoryatsea.nl which is my blog (I write in english).

If you have room on board and can use a set of handy (though not skilled) hands, or know of someone in a situation as such, please think of me! You can find me through the forums or email me directly at joko AT live DOT nl.

Thanks again,

Joris
JKolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 01:47   #2

Re: Thailand/Malaysia/Indonesia To Australia Before April 2017

Oh and yes, I know it's currently hurricane season where I'm trying to get to but Eh... What can I do?
JKolman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand