Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2018, 22:26   #1

Boat: Hartley 32
Cruise down the East coast of NSW and Victoria

Hey guys we are looking for someone with boating experience to volunteer (maybe someone retired looking for a fun trip for free) to come with us to bring our Cruiser from Yamba NSW to Sorrento Victoria, we will pay all airfares and Food and drink on the voyage, I'm competent (but no expert) as lived and motored my boat around for two years, my mate has little experience, we are in no hurry but plan to leave Yamba on the 22nd of October, The boat is a 32 foot Hartley Flybridge Cruiser, she has a brand new Motor and has been tested well, we have recently replaced all the safety gear etc, we will take our time coming down and only day sailing

get in touch cheers Alex
ALEXDEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 04:05   #2

Re: Cruise down the East coast of NSW and Victoria

Hey guys,

I am currently in Melbourne, and have 0 experience sailing. So... not an option for you, but... if whenever you arrive to Sarrento you wanna hang out or have a beer to share some stories, let me know! =)

Wish you luck!
ignaescribano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 07:23   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to serbben55

Hi good morning, I am Sergio, 63 yrs old from Brasil, profissional sailor over 24 yrs experience and good in boat repairing. I speak Portuguese, English, and Spanish as well, good on food and able to help you anytime, anywhere, but, right now I am in Brazil, I am not able to pay for my expenses to flight to you; if you think you can help me with the ticket, certainly I can do my best on this journey.
kind regards

Sergio
Old 26-09-2018, 21:22   #4

Thanks for your kind reply but that's a bit far to bring you from for such a short trip
Old 26-09-2018, 21:24   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbben55 View Post
Hi good morning, I am Sergio, 63 yrs old from Brasil, profissional sailor over 24 yrs experience and good in boat repairing. I speak Portuguese, English, and Spanish as well, good on food and able to help you anytime, anywhere, but, right now I am in Brazil, I am not able to pay for my expenses to flight to you; if you think you can help me with the ticket, certainly I can do my best on this journey.
kind regards

Sergio
Thanks for your kind reply but that's a bit far to bring you from for such a short trip
Old 27-09-2018, 10:05   #6

Boat: olsen / ericson 34

Just an idea for additional exposure ..

We here have the LOG, which is an excellent sailing, motor vessel, and fishing and nautical related newspaper /mag. Monthly.

If there is something like that in your area, you might put an add in the appropriate section, and possibly get some interested party.

Sounds like a great fun situation, but also suggest a wee bit of caution and check the persons references.

I think you have a win -win fun and safe plan for your passage.

An experienced hand, with local knowledge....good stuff.

Cheers
Lihuedooley77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 15:25   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jenneau Prestige 46
Send a message via Skype™ to desdestiny

Alex
How long do you plan to take for this journey?
What is the cruising speed of the Hartley?
Dodging bad weather will cause a longer trip, and I note you intend to day sail only.
With this trip, it is possible to day sail down the entire East coast to Eden, however from Eden to next safe port is 233 nm. This requires an overnight stint to reach Refuge Cove or Port Welshpool.

Bass strait can be very unfriendly - especially in a smallish motor cruiser 32 ft. Once you are committed and round the corner at Gabo Island you must continue to Refuge Cove or Port Welshpool. Lakes Entrance is frequently not accessible in rough weather.

I have made the trip up the coast on various yachts, have built 4 boats, boated all my life. The last trip was on a 66 ft Gulfstar and we had rough weather out in Bass Strait. In a power boat it would be prudent to not be there. I am a qualified engineer.
I am a fit 72 and may be able to join you.
I live in Mt Eliza and we could meet on the Peninsula.
des@edgetec.net
desdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:28   #8

Hi how ya going just wondering if your crew position is still open
gaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:21   #9

Alex it take your boat is a motor Cruiser pm me in Brisbane at present but can come down to yamba looking to do haul out there
oldtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 18:32   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtom View Post
Alex it take your boat is a motor Cruiser pm me in Brisbane at present but can come down to yamba looking to do haul out there
Thanks Guys the position has been filled sorry for the late reply the site isn't notifying me of your messages
Old 09-10-2018, 21:12   #11

Cheers Alex safe trip and fair weather to you gaffie
gaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 14:41   #12

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignaescribano View Post
Hey guys,

I am currently in Melbourne, and have 0 experience sailing. So... not an option for you, but... if whenever you arrive to Sarrento you wanna hang out or have a beer to share some stories, let me know! =)

Wish you luck!

i believe the boat is a motor boat , not a sailing boat
HVYJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, east coast