Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 16:38   #1

Passage: Darwin to Kupang (Indonesia)

Hello!

We are a 27 & 26 year old Australian couple in search of sunshine and good times!

We are searching for experienced crew - single or couple to join us on passage from Darwin, Australia to entry port Kupang, Indonesia - Approx 4-5 days passage.

1996, 35ft Island Packet Cat (Catamaran). We have a spare port-side queen cabin with own head (own toilet but shared shower).

Possibility to continue on for one to two months as we make our way through Indonesia.

Current anticipated departure date is early September. Visa approval turn around is approx 4 days from final submission.
Dieselmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 19:46   #2

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter
Re: Passage: Darwin to Kupang (Indonesia)

Hi- This is an expression of interest. Im English with Australian citizenship and live in Adelaide. I have my own boat which is a traditional Gaff rigged cutter which i sail solo. I crew for other yachts particularly off shore races but prefer to cruise now. I want to build up sailing experience as in sailing out of Australia before I attempt to do it solo. Im experienced sailor more so with mono, can navigate, hold a watch and very handy at mech and elec. A engineer by profession. Ive just retired, im 65 but very fit and agile. Quiet by nature with clean and sober habits. I dont have any time restraints. I would be interested in more details if you considered my volunteering a viable option. Regards Philip mercater4@gmail.com
mercater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 22:34   #3

Boat: None

Can you provide a bit more info on dates you are looking for crew? Expenses covered by? Travel expenses? No worries if not. But good to know
Interested but dates and additional info would help..

Sounds like a blast whatever the case! Giddyup!

Dan
Danvrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 23:23   #4

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

Dan-Thanks for your response. The following is suggestion only.

Time restraints-I don't have time restraints as long as I have good notice.

Expenses-Im happy to contribute to living expenses whilst on the boat. By this I mean as food and water and consumables. Not alcohol, not equipment or marina/mooring fees.

Im happy to cover my own visa fees where applicable.

Im happy to cover some travel expenses as follows :-
I would want to meet you and view the boats equipment for off shore sailing. For this I see a fair way is for you to pay half of air fare only return from Adelaide to Darwin economy.
If then acceptable to you both and me for the trip I would again request half costs economy to boat location from Adelaide and half return air fare from international air port (Indonesia) to Adelaide.

I would not seek any further costs during the trip regardless of time spent.

I assume my accommodation will be on the boat and the time duration would be a maximum of two weeks from woe to go. I assume the boat is well found and sea worthy.
I assume the boat is registered as a ships vessel and clear to discharge an Australian port and have visa entry clearance to enter a foreign country to disembark.
mercater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 06:56   #5

Boat: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercater View Post
Hi- This is an expression of interest. Im English with Australian citizenship and live in Adelaide. I have my own boat which is a traditional Gaff rigged cutter which i sail solo. I crew for other yachts particularly off shore races but prefer to cruise now. I want to build up sailing experience as in sailing out of Australia before I attempt to do it solo. Im experienced sailor more so with mono, can navigate, hold a watch and very handy at mech and elec. A engineer by profession. Ive just retired, im 65 but very fit and agile. Quiet by nature with clean and sober habits. I dont have any time restraints. I would be interested in more details if you considered my volunteering a viable option. Regards Philip mercater4@gmail.com

Hey Phillip, I meant those questions for the couple Who own the boat, I’m also interested. At least now they know all they need to about you as potential crew!lol

Happy sailing
Danvrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 20:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercater View Post
Dan-Thanks for your response. The following is suggestion only.

Time restraints-I don't have time restraints as long as I have good notice.

Expenses-Im happy to contribute to living expenses whilst on the boat. By this I mean as food and water and consumables. Not alcohol, not equipment or marina/mooring fees.

Im happy to cover my own visa fees where applicable.

Im happy to cover some travel expenses as follows :-
I would want to meet you and view the boats equipment for off shore sailing. For this I see a fair way is for you to pay half of air fare only return from Adelaide to Darwin economy.
If then acceptable to you both and me for the trip I would again request half costs economy to boat location from Adelaide and half return air fare from international air port (Indonesia) to Adelaide.

I would not seek any further costs during the trip regardless of time spent.

I assume my accommodation will be on the boat and the time duration would be a maximum of two weeks from woe to go. I assume the boat is well found and sea worthy.
I assume the boat is registered as a ships vessel and clear to discharge an Australian port and have visa entry clearance to enter a foreign country to disembark.
Hello Phillip

I will be sending you an email later today with more information.
Sorry for the late reply as we have been traveling.
Old 22-08-2018, 20:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrgs View Post
Hey Phillip, I meant those questions for the couple Who own the boat, I’m also interested. At least now they know all they need to about you as potential crew!lol

Happy sailing
Hey Dan

Could you let me know your email for further communications?

Thanks
Old 23-08-2018, 02:33   #8

Sent you a PM about 10 days ago.

Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Thanks
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Indonesia, passage