Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2018, 12:39   #1

Boat: 44ft mono hull
Surveyor recommendation San Diego

Hi, I might have an offer accepted on a boat in San Diego so need to find a reputable surveyor and diesel mechanic, can anyone with experience of the area make any recommendations for either?

Many thanks.
Olly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:24   #2
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Surveyor recommendation San Diego

diesel mechanic--i know there are some, most pricey i have ever known....for yanmar i used elias at pacific marine and industrial. he is distributor/dealer for the area. tell him his new best friend sent you and she appreciates deeply her go away pressie.

perkins--uncertain who is best. there is a mobile mechanic supposed to be good. he bases in shelter island i believe, unless things have changed a lot.

surveyor--the only one to use if you wish honesty and straightforwardness, is kjels christian, christian and assoc. the brokers donot like it when ye use him, as he will tell you what is wrong and what is right. ask many questions--he will answer em honestly . he is very intelligent and knows his boats well. he is not cheap, and he is worth every penny you spend.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, san diego, survey, surveyor