Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2015, 08:46   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnMatylonek
Captain and Boat Required-South Africa Cruise and Hang Gliding Adventures

Hello All

I own Oregon Hang Gliding School. I have taught hang gliding since 1997. I am pretty good at what I do. So much so, that I market to ladies, kids, and family units primarily. I also have much family in South Africa where hang gliding as a sport is well established. However, the sport there needs a little help in instituting a regular tourist industry, much like safaris, surfing, scuba diving, and other outdoor sports have done. Part of the problem is getting a few more gliders there for visiting pilot tourists to use as part of hang gliding fly safari tour package.

I am looking for a physically in shape captain that has experienced the voyage from the east coast to South Africa, who is willing to accept a complete full course in hang gliding training. This is NOT an insignificant value, I charge $7000 for a complete training package. Of course the captain would have to have a boat large enough to transport four 12 foot long 60lb hang gliders. The hang gliding training at the end of the voyage would be fantastic with free accommodations overlooking a gorgeous portion of the Garden Coast just east of Capetown
Old 01-07-2015, 07:49   #2

Re: Captain and Boat Required-South Africa Cruise and Hang Gliding Adventures

As a USHGA rated 4 pilot
and sailor I don't think this is great idea. I wouldn't want my glider to
Get that much exposure and time in transit. Sell another course and
Put them in some shopping tubes
And send them as Air Freight
If you give the freight company a big window of delivery dates it should cost less than 7,000
Just sayin

Tags
Africa, cruise, South Africa