Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2015, 10:35   #16

Re: 33 Morgan Out Island - Southern California - $9,999 +?

We will buy her for 10 if you can use your connections to get her to tn for around 5000
Old 27-09-2015, 10:44   #17

Us us....Please? Thanks : )
Old 28-09-2015, 18:32   #18

Send a message via AIM to cradlemountain

Did you sell? 2015 now??
Old 28-09-2015, 20:22   #19

Is this boat still available?
Old 29-09-2015, 05:29   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradlemountain View Post
Did you sell? 2015 now??
No, just listed recently again... Previous efforts were a few days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Is this boat still available?
Jayez she is... send me a pm for my gmail addy...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 11-10-2015, 09:01   #21
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

After looking at thousands of boats this year for my various projects, I can say this: That looks like such a nice boat at such a good price (a deal), I am shocked it has not yet been snapped up by someone.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:33   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hand View Post
After looking at thousands of boats this year for my various projects, I can say this: That looks like such a nice boat at such a good price (a deal), I am shocked it has not yet been snapped up by someone.
Mostly my fault... not been able to make the trip yet... Shown by the neph, and 3 CL lookie loos .... One serious party... He's tied up for a few weeks...

It's hard to sell a boat 2k miles away!

Old 11-10-2015, 14:52   #23

I had offered you your asking price e but never heard back. Would have liked to get her. Have an offer in now for a 20,000 fixer upper. Too bad for both of is it didn't work .
Old 11-10-2015, 15:40   #24

sounds like the boat is still available.... as always, cash rules. first man to the table with the $$
Old 11-10-2015, 15:58   #25
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco41 View Post
I had offered you your asking price e but never heard back. Would have liked to get her. Have an offer in now for a 20,000 fixer upper. Too bad for both of is it didn't work .
Which boat did you decide to buy?
Old 11-10-2015, 19:22   #26

Offer on a 1980 pearson 365 sloop. 18,900$.
Estate sale. Think she was in real good shape a yr ag9, at least by the pics that are a year old. Th8nk her binimi and dodger. Eed help or replaced, she has no cushions or berth matresses, and her main is.said.to be e,cell entry last yr but needing replacement now.
So she needs some help, but if she does good on the surveys including inspection in and out of water we will be closing on her in less than 2 weeks. I think she has everything we wanted and if it takes some time to get her the way we want that's ok. Just so she has very good bones.
Then we have to figure how to get her home.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:36   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Was having trouble rounding up the trucker that would make it possible for you financially... I think the 365 will be a great boat for you guys here... Let us know what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilley View Post
sounds like the boat is still available.... as always, cash rules. first man to the table with the $$
Roger that cgilleyman!

Old 12-10-2015, 11:49   #28
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Offer on a 1980 pearson 365 sloop. 18,900$.
Estate sale. Think she was in real good shape a yr ag9, at least by the pics that are a year old. Th8nk her binimi and dodger. Eed help or replaced, she has no cushions or berth matresses, and her main is.said.to be e,cell entry last yr but needing replacement now.
So she needs some help, but if she does good on the surveys including inspection in and out of water we will be closing on her in less than 2 weeks. I think she has everything we wanted and if it takes some time to get her the way we want that's ok. Just so she has very good bones.
Then we have to figure how to get her home.
If I were buying a boat that is 1980 age, and if the mattress or cushions for the berths and salon settees were old, I would consider them a replacement item (new foam, new fabric). FYI, from what I have read here on CF, it can cost up to a few thousands of dollars to have a complete set of two berths and two settees fitted with foam mattresses and cushions (seat and backs) and quality fabrics sewn by a upholstery shop. Of course many will do some of the sewing and fitting themselves, but it is usually more than a few dollars to complete the project.

A few more curious questions asked in a friendly tone:

Have you priced a new mainsail?

Where is the boat located (I recall you were asking about trucking across country)?
Old 12-10-2015, 15:55   #29

I posted a reply but don't know where it went.
Know new sails are extremely high. Have found a used main for 250. Haven't decided on it yet.
Yes know cushions are costly. Will get her home and have a local upholstery place give an estimate. The economy in tn is very different then say...florida. baits in miami and slip costs are insane. We will have to get her out immediately. Think it's close to 2000 a month. Here we can get a slip for just over 1200 a yr and a great slip.for 3000 a yr.
After survey if all goes well husband will be flying down and getting lessons on our boat while staying on the boat. Not sure how far from Miami mobile is but he will go from Miami to mobile than up the icw . It should take about 15 days to get closer to out area from mobile.
That's the plan....we will see if it goes so smooth
I want to go with but someone has to stay home with the grand kids
Old 26-10-2015, 04:52   #30

Well, should things go pear shaped with selling, I'm interested (or in something similar).

This looks straightforward to convert for disabled sailing (things like the windlass are important, as I can't manually lift an anchor any more), and things look nicely uncluttered on deck, along with easy to move around below.

I have to do a refresher course(s) which will include getting the ICC and my 'lifetime' Marine VHF licence wasn't, so even have to do that again as well. All that should see me getting to grips with any changes I need to do to make life easier and manageable from the cockpit (may have to put an electric windlass in sooner rather than later, for example).

Would have to fly out from UK, get antifouling done, get some secondhand sails, and check over all that's needed to bring her back via Panama Canal ($800 fee to use it I think). I'd give it a go.

Hopefully something similar crops up closer to home for me, and I wish you the best of luck with the sale (also best of luck to those thinking of buying - I know life can mess up good things for us even with the best of intentions, and in my case I just had the opposite, with great support from an unexpected quarter this morning, my Dr thinks it's a fantastic idea for my health, and I should go for it).

So just think of this interest as a serious safety net for your selling. *grins*

Tags
cal, california, morgan, morgan out island