Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2017, 07:11   #1

Boat: Ranger 22, currently saving for a larger cruising boat
30' Sailing tri

So the admiral has asked me to modify my searching for a suitable boat and says that she wants to start smaller and do some Caribbean cruising to start with and see if she likes it and as this is going to be a two part question i'm going to post it here and in the multihull section in it's entirety so everyone knows whats going on. In light of her request I am now obliged to see if anyone has plans for the Cross 30 (it's a long shot I know) or at least the construction sheets for the LAR keel used on the Norm Cross designs. one of my main questions here is that I'd also like to know if anyone has experience with the Piver Nimble or Herald designs that wouldn't mind sharing their knowledge. I am looking to build the boat myself as I love to make stuff, and I like the looks of the Piver designs better than the Brown multihulls, even though the Searunners are really good from what I hear the admiral wants it to look really good as well so that's what we're going with :P I know I can get the Nimble plans from the Mariners Museum and I think they also have the Herald plans digitized as well. Personally I would love to see all of his plans but the guy I talked to in the archives (who was awesome BTW) said that a lot of the original stuff is in deep storage and they only have the ones that were digitized available currently. And as far as building it goes I'd like to have the input of anyone with experience building with plywood and glass and I'd like to pick your brains about a few things. Thanks in advance for any information.

Tags
sail, sailing