Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2017, 09:12   #1

Hawaii or los angeles to sydney, australia , Need crew members $$$ will be paid

Hello guys,

Me and my friend planning to sail the pacific ocean starting from hawaii to sydney, australia or los angeles to australia. We are in need of crew member who can travel with us and work along with us. You will get paid for the entire journey. You will also be provided with food and other supplies. Knowledge on navigation is preferred.

We will be flying back from the destination back to USA. We will be paying for your tickets and food.

On the whole, you will be paid for being a crew member and we will look after all expenses that may incur for you.

please get back to me soon as we are planning to go on this trip next month.

Thank you
steve
Steven145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 10:53   #2

Boat: Hylas 49
Re: Hawaii or los angeles to sydney, australia , Need crew members $$$ will be paid

Sounds like an awesome trip. You may want to provide details about the boat, its equipment and your level of expertise. Someone with 2 posts needs to establish credentials.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 18:29   #3

Boat: Cooper 42'
Re: Hawaii or los angeles to sydney, australia , Need crew members $$$ will be paid

What's the pay? If I leave, I still need to pay my mooreage so, just wondering..
Old 03-04-2020, 08:51   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Ctmlupi RYA

Hallo Steven,

I'am free and very interested on your plan.

I'm from Roma, Italy. I have not a great experience in the Ocean (only a passage Wilmington (NC) to Charleston (SC) in 2013 and another one but so long time is passed) but I have a good experience in the mediterranean sea around Italy, France and Greece since I was a kid.

I've Yachtmaster certification by the british RYA (Royal Yachting Association) and other cert about first aid, radio etc.

I'm 48 y.o., I was been lieutenant in the Army for a few and I always had good reaction to bad or demanding situations. I'm a quite good cooker (some italian recipes). I know how to do passage planning and some about weather. Nothing special about mechanical. I'm not American but I was two times in USA and I can have another visa.

Pls forgive my bad english grammar, I hope you will consider my application.

Best regards

Ernesto Giancotti
Ctmlupi RYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:30   #5

Hi Steven,
My name is Rodrigo, 26 years old from Portugal!
I’m really interested in your trip due the fact of being one of my bucket list trips! I have lot’s of sailing experience, I’ve started at the age of 6 and competed until 18, after that I’ve worked as a skipper in lot’s of different locations...Croatia, South Spain, Portugal and Italy!
I think I am the right guy for what you are looking for, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Best regards,
Rodrigo Figueiredo
rodrigo_mff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:45   #6

Boat: Morgan 44 CC

I would be interested in sailing this route but two things . . . .

It sounds like this is not a “delivery” but rather a leisurely voyage across the Pacific ending in Australia. How long do you envisage the voyage taking (in round months).

Also, you say you’re intending to leave in a month? You should be aware that there are not many destinations across the Pacific at this time that will allow a cruising boat access (CV-19 and all that carry-on). Have you done any homework on who will welcome your boat in?

Interested, PM me if you think this will work. We can work through other questions once these are answered.
CassidyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 13:17   #7

Boat: Jeanneau SO409

Isn't this thread from 2017?
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 13:25   #8

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Isn't this thread from 2017?
Yep, I'm glad someone pointed this out. Besides, the naivety of the post didn't sound promising to me... I'd even have thought it a troll!

Jim
Old 04-04-2020, 02:38   #9

Boat: Morgan 44 CC

I never checked the date - duh. Wonder if the trip ever happened. Not enough to research it though
CassidyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, crew, hawaii, member, sydney