Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2011, 10:35   #1

From Vancouver, BC - Looking for Any Opportunity

I am looking to crew for those sailing out of Vancouver BC.

I am a 24-year-old male who has recently moved down from Kamloops to quench my new-found love of sailing (same old story). I have been a student for 4 years, first Journalism and Photography, then Philosophy... now sailing.

I am currently doing the Canadian power and sail squadron course and am looking for any opportunity to get out on the water and learn.

I am a hard worker and a fast learner, and would also love to lend a hand on any boat project which needs to be done.

My schedual is quite free so I should be able to make any time and any duration of trip work.

My previous experience has been a 2 week summer trip to desolation sound on a 41 foot sailboat.

Thanks for your consideration,

Brandon
Old 14-01-2011, 09:28   #2

Boat: Currently boatless
Hey Brandon, We are doing boat projects through April (including taking out a mast and re-doing rigging at the end of March if you are interested in seeing that done) in Victoria. We will probably go out sailing for a few weeks prior to that but honestly, I've never thought through the logistics of taking on unknown crew. I will though because I think what you are doing is cool. Shoot us an email (s.v.estrellita@gmail.com) Livia
Old 16-01-2011, 05:26   #3
JJB

Boat: Warwick 72 custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Poole View Post
I am looking to crew for those sailing out of Vancouver BC.

I am a 24-year-old male who has recently moved down from Kamloops to quench my new-found love of sailing (same old story). I have been a student for 4 years, first Journalism and Photography, then Philosophy... now sailing.

I am currently doing the Canadian power and sail squadron course and am looking for any opportunity to get out on the water and learn.

I am a hard worker and a fast learner, and would also love to lend a hand on any boat project which needs to be done.

My schedual is quite free so I should be able to make any time and any duration of trip work.

My previous experience has been a 2 week summer trip to desolation sound on a 41 foot sailboat.

Thanks for your consideration,

Brandon
Hi Brandon,
We're doing a trip in the not too distant future, check out this thread, I posted it in a different forum, as what I have listed in that post is an ideal, but by no means a requirement.

If your interested drop me a PM, we might be able to work something out.
Old 16-01-2011, 06:40   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Brandon.

Old 12-02-2011, 14:33   #5
Eternal Member

Boat: 30' William Atkin cutter
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Hiya neighbor-
I live just south of the border in Port Townsend Washington. I am planning on doing some extensive sailing in BC this summer with plans to sail to Panama and beyond....if I can find a suitable crew. I don't have to be anywhere or back from anywhere by any time. I am looking for not only a long term crew but short term crew this summer to get the bugs worked out of my boat in prep for a longer passage, feel free to contact me[ d-ewoldt@lycos.com].
-David

Tags
crew, vancouver