Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 15:59   #1

Sailing to Western Lake Superior, looking for an experienced sailor to join me.

I have just transported a 36 ' Bruce Roberts cutter rigged, steel hull to Erie, PA and I'm looking for experience sailors (with references) to help me sail to Duluth, Mn. I will be dropping off a friend at the Detroit airport May 16 at 1 PM so we could meet there. This is my first boat. I've been sailing with friends on and off since 1990 and completed several ASA courses. I bring enthusiasm, humility and a learning attitude to this new adventure. I'm looking for non drinking, non smoking experienced sailor(s) to join me and shared this adventure one who would be willing to be a mentor as well. Ideally 3 crew total myself and two others. I will need to be in delivery mode unfortunately not a sight seeing trip.
Old 15-05-2015, 22:36   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Sailing to Western Lake Superior, looking for an experienced sailor to join me.

Would love to have been there, but tomorrow is your Detroit stop and I'm still in the Rocky mountains, couldn't pull my schedule together that quickly (sorry), but I'm curious to ask if you did find anyone to join your trip? I love the great lakes, grew up visiting Lake Ontario and the 10^3 islands and the Rideau Canal. I have also been diving at some of the Whitefish bay area wrecks. There's such tremendous history in the Great Lakes (and under them). I'd bet it a great sail, I'll get there soon, just not (unfortunately) soon enough to join your passage. Have a great sail.

Tags
enc, lake superior, sail, sailing