Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2019, 15:55   #1

New Zealand to Chile

I'm a 32 year old italian traveller. In NZ at the moment until the end of the year. Spent last 7 years wandering the world (worked and travelled in different countries). I love to travel slow to truly enjoy places and life. I have done that mainly by land so far. So I feel like it is the right moment for a change and I would love to travel the seas now!!! So please take me on your boat!! Would love to sail from New Zealand to Chile through the Pacific Islands, but open to any offer!

In change I'll do my best keeping your boat clean and tidy, promised! Also happy to help cooking. I've worked for a tour company and I used to cook meals to tourists.

Might have a bike with me to keep on travelling on the mainland afterwards. But haven't organised that yet!
Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers
Noe
noe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 16:11   #2

Re: New Zealand to Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noe87 View Post
Would love to sail from New Zealand to Chile through the Pacific Islands, but open to any offer!

Might have a bike with me
Noe,

Just two gentle comments.

Generally, one sails from NZ to Chile near non-stop in the southern ocean, because that's where the favorable winds are going east. Generally one does not 'see the pacific islands' on such a trip (perhaps one island). And it is usually a reasonably challenging cold and windy trip.

second, a bike will often be a problem on a cruising boat. Space is often at a premium, and a bike even taken into parts is a pretty big package. Often you are offered room for like one medium-size duffle bag. Now if it's a huge boat it might be different, but probably not.

Good luck in any case. Chile is very spectacular, and there are parts with just terrific biking there.
Breaking Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 16:51   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Waves View Post
And it is usually a reasonably challenging cold and windy trip.
Talk about a euphemism! That's 5,000 miles of southern ocean. Where ya gunna stop and relax... Easter Island?
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 16:57   #4

^^ we took a break at Ra'ivāvae (Austral Islands) - a little out of the way but worthwhile.
Breaking Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 14:38   #5

Boat: Volkscruiser

Maybe Noe could put paddles on the bike spokes and help push the yacht when the wind has died?
Cheers
“Where is GordMay?”
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Chile, New Zealand