Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2016, 03:55   #1

First charter in the Saronic Gulf, Greece.

I'm brand new here and I've come because I'm hungry for information about bareboat charters in Greece!
Whilst I've spent most of my teenage years and early 20s working on boats, I realise that I have never had a 'holiday' on a boat, and so Greece fit the bill. I'll be skippering a Bavaria 50 cruiser starting from Athens with a prelimamary plan to hit Epidavros, Poros, Hydra, Ermioni, and Aegina.
I'm looking for any advice from sailors who live or have chartered in the Saronic, from manners and customs to the subtleties of chartering in Greece. I know this is a very general post but even little tidbits of information are useful, and if you have a story to tell that we can learn from, please share!

PS sorry for formatting, I'll accept advice on how not to break the rules too.
betelgeuse93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 01:18   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Charter vessels!
Re: First charter in the Saronic Gulf, Greece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betelgeuse93 View Post
I'm looking for any advice from sailors who live or have chartered in the Saronic, from manners and customs to the subtleties of chartering in Greece. I know this is a very general post but even little tidbits of information are useful, and if you have a story to tell that we can learn from, please share!
For 15 years I ran a substantial charter company there, and wrote cruising guides for our visiting skippers. Since then, as a hobby, I've kept all the information up to date.

See Athens & E Peloponnese | JimB Sail

JimB
jckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 04:40   #3

Location: The boat - New Bern, NC, USA; Us - Kingsport, TN, USA
Boat: 1988 Pacific Seacraft 34

20 years ago while living in Hartlepool, my wife, two young daughters, and a friend chartered a bareboat from Sunsail. It was a pretty area with friendly helpful people, the restaurant food was great, and we had a wonderful time. Sunsail had a clean boat with the usual equipment. Our holding tank overboard discharge pump failed, and one of their flotilla leaders who was nearby provided us with a spare in no time. Even though two decades have passed, my wife and I can spend an hour talking about the trip. We have lots of good memories.

Irish Eyes to the Bahamas
wsmurdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 13:50   #4

I did a two week charter there 2 years ago on a lagoon s400, in July. Would also recommend you visit spetzes. I'm happy to send you our itinery if you want it. Pm me with your email and specific questions if you want.
Regards

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
sirfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Greece