Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 21:11   #1

Crew Wanted

Opportunity for one crew person to join my delivery from the Azores to Morocco around early June. Onboard expenses paid for but you must get yourself to the boat and home. I just brought this boat, a Doug Peterson pilot house 50 from St Helena to the Caribbean, 3800 NM. She gave us a great ride and is very sound and seaworthy. PM me or contact me at
windgypsy06atyahoodotcom
Thx
Judy
Old 05-04-2016, 22:32   #2

Boat: Other Peoples Boats :0)
Re: Crew Wanted

Dang! If you get delayed keep us posted~
Old 06-04-2016, 08:24   #3

Boat: 19' Lightning

So you made it! Excellent! How'd you end up getting to St Helena? Now you need to mive her to Morroco? Wow, you are determined! Best a luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 13-04-2016, 19:28   #4

Yes, and we had a fabulous trip! Hitched a ride on a Sundeer 56 that I found through some cruising friends in South Africa. After a week in Walvis Bay, which included a short wildlife excursion, we had a beautiful 8 day sail to St Helena. Another week was spent exploring the incredible island of St Helena, swam with whale sharks, saw Napoleons place of exile and visited the "most remote distillery in the world" where they make Tungi...not my favorite but the coffee liquor was delish! 25 days later we arrived in St Lucia, had a great sail, good weather and crew. Now the owners want the boat in Morocco. The St Helena delivery was probably the best and most memorable one of my career and I am looking forward to the further adventures of S/V Ethereal! Sorry to say to all the naysayers who gave me so much crap and interesting and many times wrong advice that I am happy to have gotten this totally awesome delivery, it's one I will never forget! To everyone with positive suggestions and sound advice, many thanks!
Old 13-04-2016, 21:13   #5

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfood View Post
Yes, and we had a fabulous trip! Hitched a ride on a Sundeer 56 that I found through some cruising friends in South Africa. After a week in Walvis Bay, which included a short wildlife excursion, we had a beautiful 8 day sail to St Helena. Another week was spent exploring the incredible island of St Helena, swam with whale sharks, saw Napoleons place of exile and visited the "most remote distillery in the world" where they make Tungi...not my favorite but the coffee liquor was delish! 25 days later we arrived in St Lucia, had a great sail, good weather and crew. Now the owners want the boat in Morocco. The St Helena delivery was probably the best and most memorable one of my career and I am looking forward to the further adventures of S/V Ethereal! Sorry to say to all the naysayers who gave me so much crap and interesting and many times wrong advice that I am happy to have gotten this totally awesome delivery, it's one I will never forget! To everyone with positive suggestions and sound advice, many thanks!
Cool!, Congrats, there's nothing like perseverance, eh? Sounds like quite an adventure, good luck on the next leg.

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted