Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 12:08   #1

Hello From Nova Scotia

Hi, I've been lurking on here for years, creeping the threads and planning my escape.. I am planning on buying a Lagoon 380 or something similar over the winter. I have sold off everything but my car and some furniture.. The plan is to live aboard and cruise the loop, (if she will fit..) I'd like to try the Mississippi River also from the Great Lakes if its possible with a ship that size. At this point singlehanded.. Hopefully I can find someone who wants to tag along.. 😀

Sent from the future using my secret time machine.
Holden Magroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:15   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hello From Nova Scotia

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Holden.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 15:12   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF Holden!

I like your idea of your cruise of the Great Loop. I also like the L380 too.

Since you are new to this forum, as a member, let me mention a few things you might miss but that could help you more enjoy your time here:

WIKI
Take a look at the Cruising WIKI that is found via the tab up on the top menu bar of the forum. It has a LOT of information in it you might find fun, interesting, or helpful.

Looking for Quick Answers?

This is the best and fastest method I have found to the answers I seek here.
Since you are relatively new to the forum, here is my favorite friendly forum search tip: Look at the green menu bar on the forum pages for the drop down "Search" menu. Click on that to drop down a list of search functions. From that drop down menu select the GOOGLE CUSTOM search feature (the second box down) and then enter several different descriptive terms for your topic of interest. That will do a Custom google search of ONLY this site and it is likely to find answers to your questions or results for you. Note: this is different from using the regular forum search box or field. Also note, this is NOT found if you use the CF app. It IS found if you use a web browser such as Safari, etc.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 16:09   #4

I've noticed the app and the web page are not the same, I was confusing at first but I've been on here for a while now just never bothered to register.. Thanks for the tips though.

Sent from the future using my secret time machine.
Holden Magroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 17:10   #5
Eternal Member

Boat: Cabo Rico 38

Well jump right in! The water's definitely warmer than your marina.

🍸🍸
Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
cabo_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 15:44   #6

Boat: still looking for the right Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Magroine View Post
Hi, I've been lurking on here for years, creeping the threads and planning my escape.. I am planning on buying a Lagoon 380 or something similar over the winter. I have sold off everything but my car and some furniture.. The plan is to live aboard and cruise the loop, (if she will fit..) I'd like to try the Mississippi River also from the Great Lakes if its possible with a ship that size. At this point singlehanded.. Hopefully I can find someone who wants to tag along.
Hello, Holden Magroine !

... I am new on this forum. And with interests I found you coming from Canda/NS.

Actually I am (still) living in Europe. But plan a "living on a boat", too. If all plans go right way, it should be possible in 2016.

Because of different reasons I discovered by my best friend that East coast of Canada might be a great place to live. - My friend was Dr. med in South America and I accompanied her during her procedure being an immigrant in 2007/2008... with her whole family. She is living in Toronto, more precisely she stepped down in Missisauga, and meanwhile living in Hamilton.

As I live for now in a 1.8 million metropol, 2nd biggest in Germany, I'd prefer Nova Scotia because of its lower density of population... And as I was professional sailor in the 90th it has a wonderful maritim atmosphere (even knowing that the Lobster fishing industries went through hard times). NS has a beautifully landscape, relaxed people... and "low prize living" (so I have noticed from far distance compared to other regions in CAN).

So hopefully here I can find some "support" by experienced ones to do the switch step-by-step.... and best, realize a "living on a boat". - I did already the online immigration test, and Canada government said: You are welcome, come over ! :-)

But it needs lots of smaller steps to make an emigration-immigration to something successfully. Not too difficult anymore with the Internet... and flight distance from central Europe (Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London) to Halifax is only 6.5 hours, roughly.

Many questions on the list, but for today I just wanted to knock on your door gently. Laters some more questions, maybe.

Have a good day !

warm greetings from "old Europe"
Skippy
----

P.S.: How is it going with your living on a Catamaran ? - I know it... I skippered professionally a 15 meter Catamaran for a hotel owner over two seasons and even lived in winter on it. Its a single built Aluminium catamaran...
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:22   #7

Hello, I am also from Nova Scotia.
If you ever need a hand moving the boat let me know.
902bouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nova scotia