Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 19:12   #1

Morgan OutIsland 512 Fuel Tank

We have a Morgan Out Island 512 ketch in Antigua, hull no. 5, year 1980. We have recently had terrible problems with fuel contamination, algae, and a lot of black, sticky, fibrous crud in the tank. There is not enough access to the tank for good cleaning. We are looking for dimensions and a diagram of the 235 gallon tank. Thanks. Dan and Peggy Millar
millars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:25   #2

Boat: Morgan, Out Island 51'
Re: Morgan OutIsland 512 Fuel Tank

"Morgan OutIsland 512 Fuel Tank
We have a Morgan Out Island 512 ketch in Antigua, hull no. 5, year 1980. We have recently had terrible problems with fuel contamination, algae, and a lot of black, sticky, fibrous crud in the tank. There is not enough access to the tank for good cleaning. We are looking for dimensions and a diagram of the 235 gallon tank. Thanks. Dan and Peggy Millar"

Dan and Peggy I can see that this post was quite a long time ago but I'm hoping you may still be checking this site?
I recently bought a 1982 Morgan 512 and I want to inspect the fuel tanks and to add ultrasonic fuel gauges to both tanks, to take the guesswork out of fuel reserves.
I have only been able to spend a few weeks on board since I bought the boat in March. I haven't had an opportunity to dig into this yet while I've been aboard.
The boat is in Saint Martin and since I got back I've been searching the Internet looking for a clue as to where any opening/access to the tanks is located. I have lifted every access in the sole but I have not seen anything that looked like a fuel tank.
If you or anyone else with information on this topic could give me some idea where the tank access is located I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks to you or anyone else replying to this post.
I'm planning to head back down to the boat in August 2017.

Andy
OldCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel tank, morgan, morgan out island