Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-07-2014, 19:00   #1

Hi again folks. Calling on jeanneau experts!

After searching and searching I have found a jeanneau that I like. Anyone know if they used a balsa core below the water line in 84? I wanted a solid glass bottom.
Boat is a 1984 39 jeanneau sun shine 39 regatta
YW listing # 12264-2635254

Sent from my D6503 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Bluefevah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 14:29   #2

Re: Hi again folks. Calling on jeanneau experts!

Had a 1985 Jeanneau Sun Fizz had solid hull had boat fro 17 years and never had a hull problem I do not believe Jeanneau every used anything but solid fiberglass in all their in all their boats
cmtindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 14:39   #3

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Go inside of the boat and found a cabinet locker or a bilge area below the waterline, you know this spots where the builder forget to aply a layer of gelcoat or paint, cores are easy to spot inside , normally you see the blocks of balsa trough the inner layer of glass, get a flashlight to see it better, i hope that model dont sport a horrendous pan liner and you can reach a spot where the core its visible, and nothing wrong with the core if the boat get a well maintenance over the years, truhulls , moisture, blisters etc... or ask to the owner, broker to remove a truhull , not big deal..... good luck.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 18:19   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 44DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
Go inside of the boat and found a cabinet locker or a bilge area below the waterline, you know this spots where the builder forget to aply a layer of gelcoat or paint, cores are easy to spot inside , normally you see the blocks of balsa trough the inner layer of glass, get a flashlight to see it better, i hope that model dont sport a horrendous pan liner and you can reach a spot where the core its visible, and nothing wrong with the core if the boat get a well maintenance over the years, truhulls , moisture, blisters etc... or ask to the owner, broker to remove a truhull , not big deal..... good luck.

To my knowledge no Jeanneaus have ever had a pan liner. They have all either had stringers or a fiberglass grid. Even today's models have a grid glassed in.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Garrettw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, jeanneau