Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 10:08   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
Catalina 30 in *amazing* condition!

Allright! I am selling my beloved Pelikan 2, and believe me: it is the best maintained Catalina 30 mark I or mark II on the market. It is truly in pristine condition.
It comes fully loaded (and I mean it) with everything you can imagine (except dinghy/outboard/davits), and more. This is a turn-key, come aboard and sail away boat!

The asking price is $34,900.

Below is a list of features. For those interested, there is also
- a 15 minutes video on Youtube of a complete walktrough of Pelikan 2 (taken November 2014, except for the sailing passage part at the very end, that was last year

- hundreds of HD pictures of everything you might want to see on the boat: ask me!
- a log history, and receipts from DAY 1: ask me!

This boat had only 2 owners, over $100,000 put in in upgrades and maintenance, and nothing is original except for the hull itself. It is truly worth a look.

Here it comes:

General Description of the vessel

This is a catalina 30 Mark I from 1983, tall rig, Hull #3022.
Dimensions: lenght LOA 29'11" (+2' bowsprit), vertical clearance 48', draft 5'1" beam 10'10". Displacement 10,200lbs.
This is the most successful production sailboat design ever. Amazing sailing abilities for a heavy cruiser (I won several races! can cruise at 6.5kts comfortably), great livability and space (6'2" vertical clearance inside throughout and 6'1" clearance in cockpit, you can stand up straight everywhere!), sleeps up to 7, huge V-berth, huge cabin, tons of storage space... way bigger inside than most boats under 40' ! This specific boat has been used for both racing, cruising and liveaboard and performed very satisfactorily in each category!

A - Comfort/Liveaboard equipment

newer Marine 12,000 BTU A/C*(hot and cold) with digital panel (New 2003, last serviced 2014)
NEW pressurized HOT and COLD water, upgraded and serviced 2014 (new water pump, ,new water lines, 2 water tanks (30GL and 25GL) rebedded and cleaned)
newer ADLER BARBOUR*marine*refrigerator (2005)
NEW marine grade LED lighting throughout*(2014) providing bright light with low energy consumption.
NEW batteries (2 house, 1 start) still 1 year warranty (2014), digital battery load display, automatic battery maintenance and monitoring.
NEW portlights (2014)!*ALL portlights refurbished and rebedded. All seals are new. NO LEAK whatsoever.
NEW microwave*(December 2013)
3x 12v fans (2008)
newer 4 speakers sound system (2008)*2 cabin speakers + 2 waterproof marine cockpit speakers, remote control, radio, CD, MP3, Aux. Connection at the Nav Station.
NEW custom kitchen cabinets and countertops (2014): more storage space than ever!
electrical head, new toilet seat (2014)
New shower head (2014)
New vanity sink faucet (2014)
New galley faucet (2014)
Dry cleaned*LL BEAN V-Berth 2 persons sleeping bag! Great, great item to have!
invertor and cigarette plug*on nav station (so electronic devices can be charged and used on the 12v system while sailing/cruising).
SOLID 3/4' TEAK AND HOLLY*sole (not a thin veneer!) from 1992, maintained regularly, last cleaned, sanded and varnished a few months ago (2014)
RECENT electrical system!*The boat was hit by a lightning in 2003. ALL electrical was replaced. All circuit breakers, electrical lines, electrical system, ... New control panel. New everything!
Newer HEAVY-DUTY BIMINI (2006)!*Very solid, 6'1" clearance under. Comes with an extension that connects to the traveler to create a continuous protection against wind/rain from the cabin to the cockpit.
West Marine Captain Chair (2010)
Sunbrella cockpit cushions (2006)
Shorepower electrical cord + Adaptor plug.
Air dehumidifier.
Electrical outlets everywhere*(2 in V-berth, 2 on salon port, 2 on salon starboard, 2 in quarter berth, 2 in head, 2 in cockpit).
Fully equipped galley (kitchen).*On top of having twice more storage space than any other catalina 30, a microwave, 2 stainless-steel sinks, an adler barbour fridge, a toaster, a grill... it also comes with plates, pans, silverware, glasses, ... all assorted, non-slip unbreakable marine items.
And also:
teak fold down cockpit table
teak wine bottle holder
teak cockpit glasses holder
Toaster
portable propane 2-burner range
propane locker
teak swim ladder
teak soap holder and stainless steel toilet paper holder.
teak butcher's block in galley
... and ALL wood / teak inside and outside has been taken apart, sanded down, cleaned, sealed, varnished with the best marine varnish available (epifanes), and put back together!

B - Sailing/ Cruising equipment

NEW LATEST RAYMARINE Autopilot! SPX-5 with P70 control head.*2 years warranty left. Autopilot system and control head just installed (2014).
GARMIN GPS*with all USA maps.
upgraded GAR HAUER oversized traveler (1998)*relocated over sliding companionway.
Upgraded*GAR HAUER backstay adjuster (1998)*relocated on starboard aft (out of the way)
upgraded*GAR HAUER hydraulic boomvang all ball bearing (1998)
upgraded HARKEN*roller furler 800 B (1996)
upgraded winches 2 huge #48 LEWMAR SELF-TAILING 2 SPEED WINCHES (1999)*3 additional smaller lewmar winches (1 for raising the main, 2 on the mast). Winches have been serviced September 2014.
Outer and inner jib tracks for improved sailing performance
New top quality*KIWIGRIP NON-SKID, best available!
New Main halyard (2013)
New jib Sheets (2011)
2 SCHURR headsails: Brand new Jib 130%, good condition 150% jib.
1 SCHURR mainsail in good condition. Mainsail cover.
Wooden spreader grabers
All lines to cockpit (easy single-handling)
Compass on the helm
Speed and Depth meters.
Rebedded deck hardware (2014). Mast track. Whisker pole (1997). Hardware location makes it easy to single-handle the boat.
Newer lifelines (1997). Upgraded spreader assembly (1990). 2 feet teak bowsprit extension.
2 anchors: 1 25lbs Danforth anchor, 1 30 lbs plow anchor.
4 fenders, 3 of which are new (2014)
radar reflector
deck flood light, navigation lights, steam light, etc (all bulbs replaced 2012).

Also: Sinbrella winch covers, companionway cover and wheel cover, 2 boat hooks, sunbrella bimini, 3 winch handles, bosun's chair, 4 pairs sailing gloves, navigation maps, adjustable night red light on nav station, and plenty of lines for docking or replacement of running rigging, and many, many stainless steel spare part for standing rigging, sail repair kit, fuel container, ...
Pelikan II is a great performer under sail and has been outfitted to perform! Won several races and countless second places.

C - Safety/ Communication

VHF Standard Horizon at Nav station (1997)
Handheld waterproof VHF (2014) with cockpit holder.
VHF antenna on top of the mast! (increased range when cruising offshore)
Garmin GPS
Heavy duty ATTWOOD bilge pump (2011) with automatic switch.
Emergency manual bilge pump activation from Nav Station
Secondary emergency heavy duty manual bilge pump (WHALE) from cockpit.
Coast guard inspected 2012. Valid flares. Emergency horn. Hand held 12v flood light. Fume alarm. CO2 alarm. 2 fire extinghishers (1 all type A/B/C, and one specifically for electrical fires and engine).
First aid box, dental first aid box.
Lightning protection plate
Emergency rudder.
4 life jacket (2 basic orange, 2 nicer ones yellow/black west marine)
Horseshoe buoy. 2 Throwable flotation cushions.

D – Engine / Mechanical / Maintenance

Atomic 4 rebuilt with only 255 hours on it, 30 HP. Extremely quiet, reliable and safe gas engine. Starts in a heartbeat everytime, so much quieter than a diesel. For those worried about fumes, there is of course a blower to use before starting, also a fume alarm that is very sensitive and works wonders (Spilling some fuel on the outside of the boat when I am fueling the boat triggers it, despite the alarm being inside..!) , as well as an automatic fire extinghisher and 2 manual fire extinghishers.
Latest maintenance: Oil changed, spark plugs replaced, filters cleaned (Oct 2014), Carb rebuilt and cleaned (Nov 2013), New fuel filter (2008), New Water separator (2008), New alternator (2012).

Bottom cleaned monthly by professional diver, paint in good shape, zinc changed 3 months ago, last bottom paint in 2010 with micron optima.

E- Misc

Tons of *expensive* spare parts and stainless steel hardware.
Cleaning and maintenance products (hull polish, engine oil, etc, stainless steel cleaner, oil change kit, ...)
all upholstery and sunbrella canvas in good condition.

The boat is located in Clearwater.

For more information:
please*EMAIL or TEXT 727-342-3694
Remember: Pelikan 2 is sold by owner (no commission or additional costs) and I can deliver her anywhere on the Gulf coast or the East coast, or help her new owner sail her home! (i would charge $2 /nautical mile + port fees if any).
Old 08-11-2014, 05:14   #2

Re: Catalina 30 in *amazing* condition!

CAn't get the video to play. Will you be posting any photographs soon?
Old 08-11-2014, 11:52   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

I just tried the video. It works fine for me.

Coops.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:20   #4

Boat: Catalina 30

The video works, but you can find about 170 pictures there if you prefer

Link to pictures

Tags
catalina, catalina 30