Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2016, 05:50   #1

Boat: Oceanis 430
Mandraki, Old Fortress Marina - Wintering Greece

Hi all,
It is now the third year that I spend the winter in the Mandraki Marina, at the Old Fortress in Kerkira.
INnour experience, conditions are excellent. Electricity, wifi and water provided in a dream location in the center of town. Prices are more than reasonable!!!
In the past 3 years we have had a small community of 7/10 boats spending the winter in the water with us and it has been a marvelous experience.
Our desire is to repeat the experience next winter and we are looking forward to recreate the same cooperative and friendly environment that we have enjoyed in the past.
If anyone is wandering about spending the winter in Greece and needs information about the Mandraki Marina, my girlfriend and I will be more than pleased to help.
Aline e Andrea
on Argonauta
andreanuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 22:40   #2

Re: Mandraki, Old Fortress Marina - Wintering Greece

Hi andreanuzzo,

How did your 2017/2017 winter go?
Did you return to Rhodes as planned?

We're looking at moving onboard within the next few years so I'd like to take you up on the offer of advice on Mandraki as after quite a bit of searching, we think it's an ideal area to be in to escape the British winters! I've seen that the New Marina is getting used more but prefer the location of Mandraki (and i guess it'll cost less too!)

Could you give me an idea please, what the mooring fees are for a 5 month winter stay - looking at beginning of November to end of March. I've been searching online for details but the only reference I can find are related to standard harbour fees throughout Greece - do these apply? I also emailed to ask the question directly to Mandraki Marina but the address listed doesn't exist so the email bounced back.

For ease of calculations of fees - LOA 14.40m Beam 4.24m Draft 1.75m

Thanks in advance
Chuck-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fortress, Greece