Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2018, 16:23   #1

Boat: working on it
Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

Newbie here, last month was my first time to set foot on an actual yacht and I got hooked. 70 y.o. retired Soldier, Texas resident with my heart in the PNW, leading me to seek my vacation destination at long last.

I visited friends as Shilshole Bay Marina in Texas and after a week aboard their LAB Tollycraft CPMY I realized the only way to have that vacation home is to buy a boat, since a vacation condo can't take me to Desolation Sound.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you folks.
salishpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 03:27   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, paddler.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 15:50   #3

Boat: working on it

Well, in the power boats forum I began a thread that was initially rejected as suspicious (Camargue 48 CPMY), then approved, then, three days ago, when I attempted to post a a reply to another user on the thread (my reply would have been post #3), it too was rejected as suspicious with no explanation. I complained to admin and received the tepid reply that I should contact a moderator. No one in particular, just any moderator will do. Which I did. No response. Someone is either asleep at the switch or just doesn't want me to post. Either way, it's discouraging.

This is the note I get when trying to post: "We have marked much of your activity as suspicious, you cannot perform this function at this time."

Maybe a moderator will wake up and fix this issue if I post it here, but since it's already been three days without support, I hold scant hope. It's not my desire to be a lurker, but admin has a problem.

Hooray, someone flipped a switch and I can post! Thanks, someone!
salishpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 03:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salishpaddler View Post
Well, in the power boats forum I began a thread that was initially rejected as suspicious (Camargue 48 CPMY), then approved, then, three days ago, when I attempted to post a a reply to another user on the thread (my reply would have been post #3), it too was rejected as suspicious with no explanation. I complained to admin and received the tepid reply that I should contact a moderator. No one in particular, just any moderator will do. Which I did. No response. Someone is either asleep at the switch or just doesn't want me to post. Either way, it's discouraging.

This is the note I get when trying to post: "We have marked much of your activity as suspicious, you cannot perform this function at this time."

Maybe a moderator will wake up and fix this issue if I post it here, but since it's already been three days without support, I hold scant hope. It's not my desire to be a lurker, but admin has a problem.

Hooray, someone flipped a switch and I can post! Thanks, someone!
The downside of good anti-spam software on any forum is that it tends to sometimes mess up with new posters. The same posts from someone with 100 posts likely wouldn't get flagged by the software at all. The price we pay to not have 1,000 threads each day from bots....

Welcome though
jlcnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 04:39   #5

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Welcome, from Corpus Christi.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas