Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2018, 03:52   #1

Boat: Pearson 424
crew wanted S. florida west coast

looking for male, female, or couple. some sailing experience. not looking for girlfriend. im 65 years old have a 424 pearson in, cape coral, fl. currently working on it (my backyard) live on a canal. redoing v birth. adding a new refrigerator and freezer, re wire, new cushions, dodger and bimini strong engine, solar panels, lithium battery, new depth,speed and temp, new wind. ect. will be ready in jan 2019
there is a a/c in v-birth and my stern birth . you would have the entire v birth to live in. the boat is in good condition . ready to cruise in february. i am not able to deal with docking by myself, to slow. need help for watches, and general sailing. held a 100 ton lic but let it lapse. would like some help putting her together, i not much. Its like your boat, you will have a say where we go bahamas, further south. no plan. applicants will be screened

thanks rock richardson
shadowdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:10   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283
Re: crew wanted S. florida west coast

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone who has no boat.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 14:35   #3

Hello captain. I live over on Merritt Island and have been sailing and boating over the past 30+ years. I am 62, in good health, have done some deliveries and cruising in Chesapeake, Florida, Bahamas and Virgin Islands over the years. I currently own a Colombia 8.7 and sail the ICW and near-shore Cape Canaveral. I am very able, interested in meeting people and, importantly, very flexible. Send me a PM if you are interested and maybe we can set up a time to chat and see where things go.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:56   #4

I sent you a PM
vehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 14:04   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdancer View Post
looking for male, female, or couple. some sailing experience. not looking for girlfriend. im 65 years old have a 424 pearson in, cape coral, fl. currently working on it (my backyard) live on a canal. redoing v birth. adding a new refrigerator and freezer, re wire, new cushions, dodger and bimini strong engine, solar panels, lithium battery, new depth,speed and temp, new wind. ect. will be ready in jan 2019
there is a a/c in v-birth and my stern birth . you would have the entire v birth to live in. the boat is in good condition . ready to cruise in february. i am not able to deal with docking by myself, to slow. need help for watches, and general sailing. held a 100 ton lic but let it lapse. would like some help putting her together, i not much. Its like your boat, you will have a say where we go bahamas, further south. no plan. applicants will be screened

thanks rock richardson
Hello Rock,
I relocated to SW FL 2 yrs ago from KW FL where I lived, sailed, and maintained a 29 ft sloop. I am currently working PT but will be available FT after 1/1/19. In the meantime I am available afternoons and weekends for repairs and shakedowns. My wife is also an ablebodied sea person and may be available at times. Here is my contact info and I will try to attach my sailing resume.
Michael Metivier
(305) 849-3031
pm5756@gmail
look forward to meeting you
MEM
michael metivie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 23:59   #6

Hello Shadow,
I am Paolo, an italian guy who likes to travel. I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail. My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works. I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance. I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so. I can cook italian food and teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories. I have never sailed, I don't know the basics but I learn fast. I'm currently in Miami and I'm trying a sailing chance for Caribbean or anywhere.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 05:18   #7

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Take a look at (click on) Sailing Singles.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 10:09   #8

can i go?
i really want to learn how to operate a boat and become a crew member.
Navon Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 18:15   #9

Hi Rock-
I have a lot of experience on the water and built sailboats for Sabre a couple decades back. I’m looking to get back on the water after the holidays. I’ve been doing Caribbean deliveries more recently and taking boats down the rivers from Lake Michigan to the Gulf. I’m up north now but plan to be back in SW Fla sometime in November. Would like to meet up if you are interested. You can reach me at 239) 572-4661
Sarah
Swiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 10:20   #10

Hello, Sara i'm very excited that you replied back. I've been trying to get into boating for about a year now, but its very difficult when no one you know, knows anything about the industry. also ive tried contacting your phone but no one answered, i left a voice message for you. if you want to contact me my number is 6142822334. ill be more than happy to talk. if you don't call then ill just try to contact you again lol. have a nice day.
Old 26-09-2018, 12:34   #11

Old 22-10-2018, 13:54   #12

Boat: Pearson 424

call me at 5056034116
shadowdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 12:05   #13

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx