Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2016, 07:49   #1

Boat: Catalina C22
Looking for a ride in Grenada

Hello fellow sailors,

I am new here and fairly new to the sailing community, 3 years under my belt. I have my 101, 103 and 104, but not a lot of ocean experience. I am traveling to Grenada November 19th through the 26th, but don't have time for a 7 day cruise. I am looking for an experienced Captain to take me out for 3 days or so. A Catamaran would be awesome also, but I am not picky. I'm not one to be babysat, put me to work and we will get along fine! Looking forward to joining the community.

Marc
Carib61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 04:57   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Looking for a ride in Grenada

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Marc.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 05:21   #3

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Take you out where? All the boats sitting here are waiting out the hurricane season. After the season, most boats will be making passages leaving Grenada (not returning, or returning in months).

You could get lucky and find a boat going up to Carriacou. However, you would most likely need to find your way back as most people stay more than 3 days. Anyway... I would suggest you use the local cruisers net (VHF 66I at 7:30am) and announce your availability. If you have someone on the island that could do it before you arrive would likely increase your chances.

Welcome to Cruisers Forum!
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 08:53   #4

Boat: Catalina C22

Yes, Carricou would work, great suggestion travellerw! I could catch a flight back from the small airport there. I appreciate the response, and yes I have a contact there that might be able to help me. I would rather contribute to a fellow sailor, rather than charter. I'll hopefully be receiving some more offers or ideas, thanks again!
Carib61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 09:05   #5

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carib61 View Post
Yes, Carricou would work, great suggestion travellerw! I could catch a flight back from the small airport there. I appreciate the response, and yes I have a contact there that might be able to help me. I would rather contribute to a fellow sailor, rather than charter. I'll hopefully be receiving some more offers or ideas, thanks again!
You can take a ferry back from Carricou for much cheaper.

Not sure you will get many other suggestions. Not many cruisers do any cruising down here. Most of us are hanging out in the bays doing boat work and waiting out the hurricane season.

There really isn't much cruising to be done in Grenada as all the bays are very close to one another (like 3-7nm). Carricou is the furthest you can go before leaving Grenada waters. Its a really easy day sail and most people use it as a jumping off point for islands north (or south to Tobago).

If you are just looking to go out day sailing, then a charter might be a better idea. Another option may be to rent a hobie cat and tear around Prickly (you can rent them from Suba Tech at Calibash beach).
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Grenada