Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016, 20:51   #1

Boat: Roberts 57 Schooner
Hull Paint Repair

Hi all. Our boat's old paintjob sustained a bit of damage during it's delivery trip a couple months back, and I am looking for some advice on how to patch it up before summer. We will most certainly be doing a full professional strip and repaint at some stage, but for now, I'm just after some advice on how to repair the damage. The hull is hand built GRP over a male frame, so no gelcoat under the paint.

The paint has been chipped off in a few spots exposing the glass and fairing compound underneath, and the edges of the damaged areas stand slightly proud.

My approach will probably be to feather back the edges with a sander and repaint. I unfortunately have no way of finding out what the existing paint on the boat is, so have no idea what to use to repaint.

Any advice?

pwillems is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, hull paint, paint