Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2010, 03:16   #31

Boat: Searunner 31, Roberts Offshore 38, Self designed 44 Channel cutter
Searunner manual

Seth...I would be most interested in a searunner manual if you have one or more available. I built the 31 way back when, and have the plans for the 40 and 34. I was at Alviso Sough when Mark and Bonnie were building the 37 Talafiafaoe, in the same area as Frank Wurz and crew. I lost track when they went south. I went south to the Bay of Tehuantepec and they went to the Rio Dulce....I proceeded across the Pacific to South East Asia. I always wondered what happened to them. I heard later that Mark was in the South Pacific in a larger boat, but no word of Bonnie.
Best regards,
Chuck Phillips
8561 E Street
Chesapeake Beach
Maryland 20732

Searunner 31 Neper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethkerlin View Post
On a much more mundane note I happen to have the Searunner Construction Manual (1971) and also a book that is just called Searunner Trimarans (1973) that has the 25, 31, 37, and 40, but not the 34 in it. The latter is just an overview of the designs but is well written with the usual Jim Brown anecdotes sprinkled through. These are well worn and used books (they were Mark's of course) and I love them but it seems somehow wrong for a landlubber like myself who will never lift a hammer to own these treasures. I am sure Mark would rather that someone who will use them (or at the very least read them whilst cruising) should have them.
They are not for sail (little joke) but if you send me a note explaining why you are a searunner devotee and would not take lightly these possessions then I would be happy to send them to you for free.

regards,
seth
ChuckPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 20:37   #32
Marine Service Provider

Look for reprints of Jim's books on his new website outrig.org. He is chronicling the history of modern multihulls there. He is alive and well as of yesterday when he left my shop, where we are building the prototype Seaclipper 20 tri.
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57   #33

Boat: Searunner 31, Roberts Offshore 38, Self designed 44 Channel cutter
Seth, if you haven't passed the manuals on, I could use them. I knew Mark when he and Bonnie were building Talafiafaoe in Alviso......He headed south and I headed for Tiajaunapec(sp) and then across the Pacific....I did my circumnavigation and two more before finially (retiring)...
Chuck Phillips, paladinsfo@hotmail.com
ChuckPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 00:33   #34

Re: Jim Brown of Searunner Trimarans

Hi there,

Does anyone have heard of a searunner 37 for sale?
I`m chasing one, but not many for sale!!!
Can anyone help me?

Marc
marc.perpetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05   #35

Where do you want it to be located?
There is three in Baja Mexico I know of. All listed on yachtworld. I sailed with the best one a couple of months ago (SV Hotspot). Lots of equipment (watermaker, freezer, reefer, 4 burner stove/oven, new rigging, new radar, new head furler). Had a new awlgrip 5 years ago. Asking 39k
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09   #36

I`m in WA australia, So will be great if I not have to travel half the world to get it!!! But never knows!!!

thanks
marc.perpetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 23:53   #37

Hello Multihullers, This is Karen, Mark Hassall's daughter. Seth, I would love to have the books! You may reach me by PM. If anyone has any questions about my dad Mark Hassall, please feel free to ask. I am writing a TV series now and Mark and the boats will be a part of the series as he was an influential part of my life. He certainly prepared me for our current economy by teaching me a lot...the most important thing is he taught me how to barter.
Karenkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:22   #38

I stumbled on to this old thread while researching Searunner 31's. I read Marks Love For Sail years ago. Anything new with the TV series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenkay View Post
Hello Multihullers, This is Karen, Mark Hassall's daughter. Seth, I would love to have the books! You may reach me by PM. If anyone has any questions about my dad Mark Hassall, please feel free to ask. I am writing a TV series now and Mark and the boats will be a part of the series as he was an influential part of my life. He certainly prepared me for our current economy by teaching me a lot...the most important thing is he taught me how to barter.
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 14:02   #39

Boat: Searunner 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthomss View Post
Hello all,

Just wondering if Jim Brown is still living, and if so, does anyone have a current address and/or phone number? Or is someone handling his designs?
Hello, I'm new to this forum but have owned my 37 Searunner for 12 years. I was with Jim about a month ago. We took Jim and Joanna to hear some music in Mathews, Va near where Jim lives. We see Jim pretty pretty often. We raft up with a couple other SR's in the East River off Mobjack Bay Jim arrives on his Wind rider with his dog abbey. They usually overnight aboard with us. Glad to connect on this forum. I'll post some pics of one of our raft up's. We take up a fair amount of river space with 3-4 Searunners rafted up!
Doug Kuett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 15:02   #40

Boat: Searunner, 37'

Check Searunner Multihulls - Home
Old 18-11-2015, 19:33   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kuett View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum but have owned my 37 Searunner for 12 years. I was with Jim about a month ago. We took Jim and Joanna to hear some music in Mathews, Va near where Jim lives. We see Jim pretty pretty often. We raft up with a couple other SR's in the East River off Mobjack Bay Jim arrives on his Wind rider with his dog abbey. They usually overnight aboard with us. Glad to connect on this forum. I'll post some pics of one of our raft up's. We take up a fair amount of river space with 3-4 Searunners rafted up!
It's so cool to read that Jim is still out there doing what he passionately loves to do. I met him once years ago and he is the nicest guy. How old is he now?
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Searunner