Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2016, 05:30   #1
nwn

Boat: Grand Soleil 52
Parts in Europe for Northern Light

Living in Europe with a large americanized boat involves sometimes a challenge getting parts. This is the casefor water makers and engines with a non-european origin.
Does anybody know where in Europe I can get parts for my Northern Light M643 generator.
Right now I need a new thermostat. I can get it on ebay in the US but the costs of getting it over here are often large. So I see three possibilities:
1. find the type of engine the Northern Light is build on and shares parts with and get the parts through their parts distributor here
2. a well stocked distributor in Europe
3. continue to buy in the US and bring as many parts back with me when I am there.
I am eager to hear what others are doing?
nwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 06:00   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Parts in Europe for Northern Light

Click on your generator model ➥ https://www.northern-lights.com/recr...ne-generators/
Then “Specification Sheet” for specific engine model number.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 10:22   #3
nwn

Boat: Grand Soleil 52

I cannot see that your suggestion helps me. What I need is some specification on the engine block. Further search has lead me to think that it is a John Deere block, though I have still not found the specific block.
nwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 12:09   #4
med

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwn View Post
Living in Europe with a large americanized boat involves sometimes a challenge getting parts. This is the casefor water makers and engines with a non-european origin.
Does anybody know where in Europe I can get parts for my Northern Light M643 generator.
Right now I need a new thermostat. I can get it on ebay in the US but the costs of getting it over here are often large. So I see three possibilities:
1. find the type of engine the Northern Light is build on and shares parts with and get the parts through their parts distributor here
2. a well stocked distributor in Europe
3. continue to buy in the US and bring as many parts back with me when I am there.
I am eager to hear what others are doing?
There are of course a fair number of distributors in Europe with parts support. But none in Denmark.

Europe Dealers – Northern Lights Marine Generators
med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 05:58   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

If you go to the manual for your engine, it will indicate which (Komatsu) block it is based upon.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Europe, parts, rope