Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2016, 15:14   #1

Boat: Shannon 43 ketch
Bilge pump gets air bound

My Rule 2000 bilge pump works just fine until the water level falls below the suction and it sucks air. If there's a lot of water still coming into the bilge (e.g., when I'm testing it with a garden hose on full flow), then the pump continues to run, stays air bound, and won't pump any more water ... even when there's a good foot or more of water level over the pump. If I manually shut off the pump, the air bubble comes out, and then when I turn it back on, it pumps water just fine. Any advice on how to solve this dilemma? (BTW, the pump is relatively new, the suction screen is clean and properly fitted, the discharge hose is the correct size, and the discharge hose has the proper check valve and ABYC loop.)
YellowcakeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge, bilge pump