Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2013, 05:07   #1
POH

Boat: Lagoon 420, Duncanson 29, Laser
Panama/Galapagos to Marquesas

We are looking for someone to join us on our 2009 Lagoon 420 for the passage from Panama to the Marquesas, but would be happy for crew from Panama to the Galapagos, or from the Galapagos to the Marquesas.

We are planning on passing through the Panama Canal sometime in late March/early April (dates must be a bit flexible due to canal times, etc.). The trip would take about 2 weeks to the Galapagos from Panama, and about 20 days from the Galapagos to the Marquesas. We're planning on staying in the Galapagos for 10 days or so. Timing has to be a bit dependent on weather etc., so you'll need to be a bit flexible in your travel plans.

Either a couple or a single person would be great - we are just looking to share the watches.

We would be looking for you to share in personal costs (food, imigration/customs, your transport, activities ashore etc.). We'll pay for all boat costs (fuel, boat clearance, etc.).

But ... in exchange you get free accommodation on our great boat and the chance to visit these awesome islands.

No sailing experience necessary, but a bit would be greatly appreciated. More important is a good personality & attitude - fun, fit & easy going. This will be a great mile builder for anyone looking to get a RYA/CG captains license! 3000+nm.

You can find out who we are, and what our boat is like, on our blog (below).

We are cruising right now, and aren't online all the time, so please understand if we take a few days/week to respond.

Thanks in advance, Mike & Megan
Old 18-01-2013, 07:05   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1978 Alberg 30
My girlfriend and I would be very interested in the panama to golapicos leg of this trip. The link to your blog didn't show up. Could you please email me a link to fkittson at bell dot net. As well what do you estimate our expenses would be. I have been sailing off and on for my entire life. Everything from lasers to 68 Ketch. My gf has only been sailing a couple of times. Currently we are power boaters but are looking to get back to sailing.
We would love to join you on this amazing trip.
Ps I has extensive experience in all aspects of maintenance and Kim is an amazing cook.
We look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.
Best regards
Fraser & Kim
Old 19-01-2013, 13:24   #3

This is my CV:

I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional*skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high*school*and then went to serve in the*navy.
I'm qualified as a*skipper*for both*motor*and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, (monohaul and catamaran) and l'm also an advanced*water*diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year, for all special needs population (kids and adults).
I also was part of a sailing*racing*team for 4 years.

7 months ago I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the*route, saved*money, bought*equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 4 different boats all over the Med.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, energetic, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.

Now I'm traveling in centeral america till the crossing season will start, so I'm realy flexible with the time frame.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Shaked.
Old 20-01-2013, 01:46   #4

Re: Panama/Galapagos to Marquesas

Hello Mike and Megan,

I can offer you single or couple for a Pacific crossing.

I have been across the Pacific the last two seasons. I have my RYA & USCG capt license. I have been across the Atlantic a 5 times as well along with lots of other deliveries World wide.

The Galapagos have eluded my travels. We were supposed to go a couple of years ago but had to by pass do to time constraints.

I picked up a great crew member a couple of years ago in the Marquesas to Tonga and she is great in the kitchen and keeps the boat tidy. She is quite keen on a crossing like this.

I am very laid back but hard hard working and I have no problem on long night watches. i kind of like being up at night.

Safe sailing and send an email when in port.

whereishale@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Mike
Old 20-01-2013, 07:45   #5

Hi,

My name is Matt. I'm twenty three year old American. I have recently graduated in Environmental Engineering, and have plans to attend a Doctorate program around September of this year.

From now till September I'm pursuing sailing and I'm looking to get some more experience, particularly in warmer climates. I'm willing to do anything you might need help with (cook, clean, keep watch, etc.). I will pay all of my expenses.

I have previous experience offshore sailing and have posted a reference letter in my profile from a Captain who delivers Catalina 445's from the dealership in Saint Simon, Georgia.

I've listed a little bit more about me in my profile, but I am in great physical shape and enjoy yoga, free diving, and recently obtained PADI Scuba Diver License.

If you think you could use the help, I'd be thrilled to be given opportunity.

-Matt
Old 22-01-2013, 15:03   #6

Hi,

My name is Juan Pablo Pereira, and Im an Italian living in Uruguay. I have a lot of experience sailing in the caribean, mediterrenean, atlantic and south pacific (sailed for to weeks in Tahiti, Tahaa, Raiatea, Bora Bora). Im 24 years old, and i speak italian, english and spanish very fluently. Im looking for a great adeventure and experience, and i would love to travel with you fromthe Panama or Galapagos to anywhere in the south pacific. My objective is to arrive to Australia where im starting a 1 year work and holiday. Im a really friendly easy going guy with a degree in business administration. Im an excellent cook; sushi, tartare, pizzas, chivitos, etc.. Im available to do any kind of work on board, from cleaning to sailling to whatever you need.

I can departure at any time, and I can stay with you as long as you need me. I can pay for my personal costs.

Please contact me! I have a CV with picture ready to send, that can help you get a bit more information about my background!
Old 23-01-2013, 10:07   #7

I would love to help you cross. I can share costs. I have sailing and culinary experience; 47 years old, laid back, good natured. Contact JLMyer at hot mail dot com. IF not, then safe travels!
Old 23-01-2013, 17:39   #8

Send a message via MSN to Edbraz Send a message via Skype™ to Edbraz

Hi Mike and Megan.

Bit hard to compete with the above responses so I won't even try! Your posting was recommended to me by another forum user as I am very keen to learn how to sail. Let me tell you a bit about myself: I am 38 years old and very keen to learn to sail before my 40th! I am an English teacher from London who has been living in Brazil for the past 8 years so I am fluent in Portuguese and can speak Spanish. I am hardworking, a quick learner, have very varied interests and a gentleman! My schedule is very, very open as I have my own business and can consequently take time off for up to 3 month periods. If you'd like to know anymore about me feel free to send me an email. Thanks. E.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01   #9
POH

Boat: Lagoon 420, Duncanson 29, Laser

Thanks for all the responses so far - we've been underway and haven't had much internet, but will try to get in touch with everyone over the next couple of weeks. Cheers, Mike
Old 17-02-2013, 10:13   #10

Hi
Trying to reach you all day..
Skype name - 'coh.shaked'
Email adress is the same ( at gmail com)
Shaked
Old 18-02-2013, 19:14   #11

Hi my name is Dillon Robbins I'm a 20 year old male from Maine. I grew up sailing a Luger 28 and sailed 420s and FJs on my high school team. Since then have been working at a sailing center doing maintenance and carpentry work. I have no blue water experience but my basic skills are very solid. Although I lack offshore sailing experience I am a skilled handyman and learn quick. I wish to join your crew anytime and am able to meet you anywhere.

Thanks Dillon Robbins
Old 09-03-2013, 22:07   #12

Boat: Beneteau 343

Hello Megan and Mike,
My wife and I might be interested. We live in Vancouver, BC. We own our own business and are totally flexible. We own a 2006 Beneteau which we use to cruise the PNW. I have crossed the Atlantic in 1998 with one other person, it was a haul being somewhat shorthanded. I have often thought about a lagoon for offshore sailing and this is a rather good opportunity. And my wife has a dream of visiting the Galapagos. Let us know if wish to get in touch. I will email you a link to my facebook page if you wish.
Mark and Deb
Old 09-10-2013, 15:02   #13

Boat: sea wind 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by POH View Post
We are looking for someone to join us on our 2009 Lagoon 420 for the passage from Panama to the Marquesas, but would be happy for crew from Panama to the Galapagos, or from the Galapagos to the Marquesas.

We are planning on passing through the Panama Canal sometime in late March/early April (dates must be a bit flexible due to canal times, etc.). The trip would take about 2 weeks to the Galapagos from Panama, and about 20 days from the Galapagos to the Marquesas. We're planning on staying in the Galapagos for 10 days or so. Timing has to be a bit dependent on weather etc., so you'll need to be a bit flexible in your travel plans.

Either a couple or a single person would be great - we are just looking to share the watches.

We would be looking for you to share in personal costs (food, imigration/customs, your transport, activities ashore etc.). We'll pay for all boat costs (fuel, boat clearance, etc.).

But ... in exchange you get free accommodation on our great boat and the chance to visit these awesome islands.

No sailing experience necessary, but a bit would be greatly appreciated. More important is a good personality & attitude - fun, fit & easy going. This will be a great mile builder for anyone looking to get a RYA/CG captains license! 3000+nm.

You can find out who we are, and what our boat is like, on our blog (below).

We are cruising right now, and aren't online all the time, so please understand if we take a few days/week to respond.

Thanks in advance, Mike & Megan
Whats a good time of year to do this crossing do you know of any good threads or web sites to get info on this?
Old 09-10-2013, 15:24   #14

Hi there,

I am a 55 yo white female with plenty of sailing experience. I crewed from Fort Lauderdale to England in 1987. Actually, I started out on a boat from Ft. Lauderdale to Spain, but we were lost at sea for 15 days (I have stories) so I jumped ship in Bermuda and got on a great boat for a slick run to the Azores and then England. I have run out of water, food and lived through a really rough north Atlantic storm (my job was to run the boomed out jib into a cleat on the foredeck in forty foot swells). I have also sailed through Indonesia and the Greek Islands. Scariest of all of course were the weekend sails in New York harbor, where every 4th of July, someone T-bones another guy, or ends up as a hood ornament on a cruise ship.

I spent last winter on land in Mexico. I basically stayed in a screened in palapa, with an attached tent. After years in suburbia, I did that trip as a test, to see if I could still manage. I could. I drove from New Jersey to Mexico...alone...wouldn't try that again...and ended up looking after a friend's dogs on a very isolated piece of beach near Mahuhaul, close to the southernmost part of North America. I also travelled to Belize and Cuba.

I am well travelled, a good cook and a great storyteller. I am active and love SCUBA. Broke a knee skiing two years ago and have no interest in doing that again. I have been trying to sell my house and am sick of living in a museum, while I wait for a buyer.

Let me know if you want me to contact you directly.
Old 11-10-2013, 15:54   #15

Boat: Saddler 32'

Hello,

I Live and sail mainly in Jamaica. My family owns a Saddler 32' and have skippered it quite a lot. I have done a crossing to Cuba, and Once to Panama last year. I couldn't tell you the hours or experience (close estimate 2000+ miles), but I have sailed 2-3 times a week for the past 6-7 years. I love off-shore sailing and I should have crossed the Pacific earlier this year on a friend's Cat ... see their blog (you can speak with Pat for a referral if you'd like) Living's Odyssey - The sailing adventure of the Garceau Family ... I missed out due to a shoulder dislocation a month before departure.

I am 27, Male, Athletic. I may be in Panama early next year sailing with friends in the San blas Islands, and hope to go on westwards from there. I can cook, I can clean, I'm not a great story teller but I do like a good conversation. I was born in the UK and have lived in Jamaica most of my life, so Passport shouldn't be an issue for travelling.

I have an Older brother who lives in Boca Raton, Florida. and a Younger Brother living in Brisbane, Australia. It has been my dream to sail from one to the other.

what type of boat do you sail?

I thoroughly recommend a stop in Jamaica on your way to Panama if you have the time!

Regards, Matthew

matthewefross@gmail.com

P.S. I work free lance Architecture so I am making my self available from Feb-September of next year to fulfill this dream of mine. my facebook is www.facebook.com/matthewefross

Tags
Galapagos, marquesas