Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 16:26   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
Sailing from Canada to the US.

Hi,

I will be sailing my British-flagged private vessel from BC, Canada to the US, en-route to Mexico.

I am familiar with US entry requirements: are there any outbound clearance requirements on the Canadian side?

Many thanks!
SV Simple Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:31   #2
mcm

Re: Sailing from Canada to the US.

Not that I am aware of done it a few times myself with no clear out procedures. You may be asked at you first port of US entry, if you make one, to obtain a cruising license to cruise from port to port in the US with telephone call in required at any port that has customs Clarence, easy procedure with 800 #., same on return voyage.
mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:40   #3
mcm

Re: Sailing from Canada to the US.

You may have an issue with the British Flag , if all are Canadian citizens it should be ok, but if not, a visa will be required for those who are not CDN, cannot enter the US in a pleasure craft unless a Cdn or US citizen without a visa, am not sure about the British flag issue though it is usually the on board people who are the concern for Immigration etc, a call to the Seattle head office may be in order, the local border officers seem to have conflicting ideas . Do not forget to get your TIP for vessel on entering the first port of clearance in Mex and post in conspicuous place.
mcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Canada, sail, sailing